PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UNIFIED ROM PROJECT: 2/25 Meeting Recap

Team Members Present:

Luv2chill
ImCoKeMaN
sfaure03
schettj
naigaboy
colonel
6700Yuma
finster869

Highlights:

Kitchen 1.2 will be the starting point for the project.
Developers will divide into teams:

Team 1 consists of sfaure03, ImCoKeMan, and colonel. This team will focus on solving the outstanding HTC/AKU issues, like BT PAN.

Team 2 consists of luv2chill and 6700Yuma, and will handle the tuning piece, as well as ensure that the core apps and OEMs function reliably.

Action Items

Sogarth and MrHappy to can get the necessary info from cokeman and sfaure03 in order to make a "pre" document of how we get from version 1.0 to version 1.2.

ImCoKeMan needs a 6700 for development! Anyone have a spare??

[b]ImCokeMan to create a separate FTP directory until source control can be established. This will be managed by sfaure03 and ImCoKeMaN until build managers are ready for hand-off.]PM Note: Can we password protect using a zip-like program and only share the password with the Dev-Build-Analyst team?[/i]

Sogarth and MrHappy to coordinate with Dev team on release process.

ROM Analysts to review the existing bug list for 1.2, as provided by schettj. Analysts will crosscheck the list with other 3.5 ROMs to ensure that no other defects have been missed.

I believe I have touched on the main points. If I've missed anything, a full transcript can be found here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/ImCoKeM...%20minutes.log

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
The question of release process is still pretty open. As stated, I can get a basic Subversion repository up pretty quickly, as long as I actually know exactly what's going in it. Fortunately, there's a pretty quick and easy client that developers can install (and even integrates with Windows Explorer) available here.

For purposes of keeping things tight for the moment, I'd be setting it up with basic user authentication, so people would need to talk to me about setting a simple password for themselves. At the least, this would help keep people out who shouldn't be there (at least not yet).

For defect tracking, I'm offhand thinking of Mantis Bugtracker, although I'm open to suggestions on this one. I've got a VPS running Linux set up, so there are some limitations on what I can run. I'd prefer to stick to running Perl, PHP, or Python (on top of Apache 2), and I have a MySQL database running on the system. I would imagine that to keep things fairly clean, integration with Subversion would be more than nice.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogarth
The question of release process is still pretty open. As stated, I can get a basic Subversion repository up pretty quickly, as long as I actually know exactly what's going in it. Fortunately, there's a pretty quick and easy client that developers can install (and even integrates with Windows Explorer) available here.

For purposes of keeping things tight for the moment, I'd be setting it up with basic user authentication, so people would need to talk to me about setting a simple password for themselves. At the least, this would help keep people out who shouldn't be there (at least not yet).

For defect tracking, I'm offhand thinking of Mantis Bugtracker, although I'm open to suggestions on this one. I've got a VPS running Linux set up, so there are some limitations on what I can run. I'd prefer to stick to running Perl, PHP, or Python (on top of Apache 2), and I have a MySQL database running on the system. I would imagine that to keep things fairly clean, integration with Subversion would be more than nice.
As much as I hate meeting/chats, shall I arrange a chat with yourself and the Dev team to iron out a release process?

As for DRs, we can work on that together, then post the process for the QA team.

What say you?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: UNIFIED ROM PROJECT: 2/25 Meeting Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
ROM Analysts to review the existing bug list for 1.2, as provided by schettj. Analysts will crosscheck the list with other 3.5 ROMs to ensure that no other defects have been missed.
Along those lines, the "1.2" was still kinda fluid. Can someone let me know which build I should use as the base 1.2 I can wait a few days if you want or if any other fixes are very near...

My idea was to build a rom from whatever the base 1.2 is supposed to be, without any extra OEMs, flash it, run it thru the bug list I had (since several of those are supposed to be fixed already) and then come up with the new list if any.

Its possible the new list is as short as "BT Pan or/and DUN don't work", although I did see a post re the hardware keyboard backspace key not working after putting it into the red-dot mode?

Seems to work correctly in my old 1.1 build.
Test:
Notepad, open keyboard:
enter 1234567890
put cursor between 6|7
Press <- key
deletes 6.
Press red dot key. Press <- key (now acts as DEL key) deletes 7
Press red dot key twice (locked mode). Press <- key (still DEL) until all chars right of curser are gone.... seems to work.
Putting it into caps lock leaves <- as Backspace, works.

So... maybe this is a new bug in 1.2, but it may be user error.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Re: UNIFIED ROM PROJECT: 2/25 Meeting Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Quote:
Along those lines, the "1.2" was still kinda fluid. Can someone let me know which build I should use as the base 1.2 I can wait a few days if you want or if any other fixes are very near...

My idea was to build a rom from whatever the base 1.2 is supposed to be, without any extra OEMs, flash it, run it thru the bug list I had (since several of those are supposed to be fixed already) and then come up with the new list if any.

Its possible the new list is as short as "BT Pan or/and DUN don't work", although I did see a post re the hardware keyboard backspace key not working after putting it into the red-dot mode?

Seems to work correctly in my old 1.1 build.
Test:
Notepad, open keyboard:
enter 1234567890
put cursor between 6|7
Press <- key
deletes 6.
Press red dot key. Press <- key (now acts as DEL key) deletes 7
Press red dot key twice (locked mode). Press <- key (still DEL) until all chars right of curser are gone.... seems to work.
Putting it into caps lock leaves <- as Backspace, works.

So... maybe this is a new bug in 1.2, but it may be user error.
FWIW...I just performed your test routine (with Colonel's 3.5) and it worked as you described.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
Quote:
As much as I hate meeting/chats, shall I arrange a chat with yourself and the Dev team to iron out a release process?
I suppose it depends on what the needs of the dev team are. I'd be up for a chat, but do any of the devs have any particular opinions on the direction of the release process?

Quote:
As for DRs, we can work on that together, then post the process for the QA team.
Sounds fair.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogarth
Quote:
I suppose it depends on what the needs of the dev team are. I'd be up for a chat, but do any of the devs have any particular opinions on the direction of the release process?

Quote:
Sounds fair.
The Dev guys have not really expressed a preference regarding the release process. I'll put the feelers out on a chat so we can define just what the needs are and how we will proceed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development