PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lmao... well mine i'm not sharing with NOBODY..
snicker

........ whats it say down there?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Skype is a problem for me. Since I live in the sticks, I have satellite internet, and the latency wreaks havoc with any kind of internet calling, VPN, etc.

We could just do a chat. Maybe use the site's IRC?

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I've no aversion to a true conference call, but I vote for a chat of some kind. The reason? It can be archived for reference easily without needing to be transcribed... and it doesn't require anything other than what a person already has (a mic is necessary for Skype and a phone necessary for a conf. call)--granted, not like those are difficult requirements, but just using IRC is easier, with the benefit of being able to save the chat log in case there's ever any question of what was discussed and decided upon.

Edit: And I've looked through the thread again and don't see any discord? I think primarily people have been in agreement here. I do think we need defect tracking of some kind--whether it be through a sophisticated source control package or just being diligent about documenting in a forum or wiki. I do think whatever form it takes it should be accessible to the public.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
So, IRC it is??
Old 02-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Well i'm thinking we should use the 1.2 as the base (there might be a 1.3 or something of course, but you get the point) and instead of actually creating the cookbook that can be an exercise for the reader. It has been documented quite well up to this point. If someone has the ambition to recreate it i think they could. It would be nice to have another person compile all teh work to a n00b friendly list, but i have started to think this is something that is outside the scope of this project.

starting from the base 1.2 we can use some version tracking to keep on course though for the documentation purpose.

the site chat i guess would work, and up til now it's been quite private, but we'll see what happens if we actually say we will use it at a certain time hehe

edit: Yup it's still private
Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
Well i'm thinking we should use the 1.2 as the base (there might be a 1.3 or something of course, but you get the point) and instead of actually creating the cookbook that can be an exercise for the reader. It has been documented quite well up to this point. If someone has the ambition to recreate it i think they could. It would be nice to have another person compile all teh work to a n00b friendly list, but i have started to think this is something that is outside the scope of this project.

starting from the base 1.2 we can use some version tracking to keep on course though for the documentation purpose.

the site chat i guess would work, and up til now it's been quite private, but we'll see what happens if we actually say we will use it at a certain time hehe

edit: Yup it's still private
Cool! Name the day and time. Preferably, in the very, very near future!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
i've been up for like 48 hrs now.. so.. it needs to be tomorrow sometime. I for one at least feel that we need to talk some. I have, or sense some serious reservations.. but to be honest a lot of that could just be how tired i am.

Nevertheless right now I think i may have a fix about ready for the rndis issue, leaving btdun as last "known" obstacle. That being said what i hear as the "plan of action" doesnt seem to be that productive to me, might be my read of the thread {grant my fatigue}, but it just doesnt feel rigth.

Chat is fine.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03
i've been up for like 48 hrs now.. so.. it needs to be tomorrow sometime. I for one at least feel that we need to talk some. I have, or sense some serious reservations.. but to be honest a lot of that could just be how tired i am.

Nevertheless right now I think i may have a fix about ready for the rndis issue, leaving btdun as last "known" obstacle. That being said what i hear as the "plan of action" doesnt seem to be that productive to me, might be my read of the thread {grant my fatigue}, but it just doesnt feel rigth.

Chat is fine.
Get some sleep!

Let's try to setup a chat time for Sunday. I'm availale until Noon, Pacific, then after 9 PM.

What about the rest of you?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
It looks like tomorrow evening is best for sfaure03 and I. The proposed time now is 8pm eastern/7pm central/5pm pacific. This is just for the developers and analysts to check direction we are going. we do not need other members of the team or the board at this time.

however if someone wants to record the simpsons for me as an avi i might be able to post a transcript lol
Old 02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
It looks like tomorrow evening is best for sfaure03 and I. The proposed time now is 8pm eastern/7pm central/5pm pacific. This is just for the developers and analysts to check direction we are going. we do not need other members of the team or the board at this time.

however if someone wants to record the simpsons for me as an avi i might be able to post a transcript lol
I won't be able to make it, as the wife is dragging me to an Oscar party. I'll have seashell11 fill in as the PM.

If you need me to put together an agenda, let me know what the contents will be and I'll have seashell steer it for you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development