PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PPCGeeks Unified ROM Project Update: Thursday, 2/22 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2762)

Glossman 02-22-2007 08:38 PM

PPCGeeks Unified ROM Project Update: Thursday, 2/22

Project Status: Discovery Phase.

There have been no major objections to the proposed design and release process, so we will implement as-is and make adjustments along the way, if necessary.

Voting for the AKU 3.3 versus 3.5 question is running 82% to 18% in favor of 3.5, with 62 votes cast. This will be weighed heavily by the developers after they are chosen, as they will ultimately decide the ROM on which to begin.

The candidates for the various jobs on this project are as follows:

Developers
ImCoKeMan
6700Yuma
Colonel
helmi_c
luv2chill
Sfaure03

ROM Analysts
naigaboy
schettj
finster869

QA Testers
jamesus
computercarl
jayz11
alphajoe
dannzeman
m2maynard
dzuchowski
vhgill
seashell11
Maxx134
ng_homer
nuguy
thallanor
elbimster
RussMuscle
sd_matto
anim0sity
brightedge
evilgenius
Jmckinney1976
TheRocoLoco

Build Managers
MrHappy
Sogarth

Project Manager
Open

Based on the number of volunteers, there's no need to put any of these names to a vote. You'll all get to do what you want on this project!

Misc:

Still looking for another developer and PM to back me up. More QA testers are always welcome, too. Wideawake?? luv2chill? verizonguy? Sardinour?

Project Plan to be posted tonight!

I will be designing the QA Defect Report (DR) template and posting that soon.

Wideawake will be creating our project forum in the near future.

Project team to discuss AKU 3.3 versus 3.5 as soon as team is finalized.

MORE TO COME!!

EDIT: Please note that the project team list has been updated!

schettj 02-22-2007 09:09 PM

I could be a backup developer, but I'm not the best choice :D - I can build in the kitchen ok, and I can make OEMs, but when things go bad in the baseline I am much better at pointing at them and saying "bad!" then actually fixing them (at least with this odd black-box environment we're stuck with :p)

But if no one steps forward, I can be an alternate.

No matter what - whoohoo... when is the project launch party?

Glossman 02-22-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj
I could be a backup developer, but I'm not the best choice :D - I can build in the kitchen ok, and I can make OEMs, but when things go bad in the baseline I am much better at pointing at them and saying "bad!" then actually fixing them (at least with this odd black-box environment we're stuck with :p)

But if no one steps forward, I can be an alternate.

No matter what - whoohoo... when is the project launch party?

I'd like to keep you in a role in which you'd feel most effective, but let's wait and see what happens.

As for the party, nothing like a Friday night, right? :D

RussMuscle 02-22-2007 11:29 PM

Tester

I'd like to join the testing team. I've been lurking for a bit and I've loaded almost everybody's ROM at least once.

Glossman 02-22-2007 11:36 PM

Re: Tester

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussMuscle
I'd like to join the testing team. I've been lurking for a bit and I've loaded almost everybody's ROM at least once.

Done!

Added you the QA team list.

finster869 02-22-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

I can build in the kitchen ok, and I can make OEMs, but when things go bad in the baseline I am much better at pointing at them and saying "bad!" then actually fixing them
This describes my skill set pretty well. I volunteer for wherever you think I can help.

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finster869
Quote:

I can build in the kitchen ok, and I can make OEMs, but when things go bad in the baseline I am much better at pointing at them and saying "bad!" then actually fixing them
This describes my skill set pretty well. I volunteer for wherever you think I can help.

We can add you as the third analyst. You would be involved in writing the specs for all the ROM fixes, as well as performing analysis on newly reported defects in the new ROM.

What do you think?

finster869 02-23-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:

Quote:

We can add you as the third analyst. You would be involved in writing the specs for all the ROM fixes, as well as performing analysis on newly reported defects in the new ROM.

What do you think?

Sounds great! Can't wait to get started.

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:

Quote:

What do you think?

Sounds great! Can't wait to get started.

Done!!

sd_matto 02-23-2007 12:18 AM

QA Tester? Or, OEM Builder?

I have been lurking a bit, and definitely have some time constraints on what I do.

Having said that, I do enjoy testing the various ROMs.

One job I would like to volunteer for that has not been suggested is a kitchen OEM builder. I am not very good around the ROM, but I do a mean UPX on programs (I have been able to access the latest UPX 2.92 beta to get the files working, and way down in size to load into my ROM), and I have a lot of interest in building OEM folders from cabs. I do need more pointers on how to build shortcuts, though (for whatever reason, instructions received have not yet worked).

So, I will leave it to you, mr. PM: either a QA tester, or an OEM builder (who needs some pointers and instructions). In either role, not a lot of time, but definitely some and lots of interest and enthusiasm to boot.

Just let me know which role you want filled.