PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Lurker

anim0sity is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to anim0sity
Well alright!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Jmckinney1976 is keeping up the good workJmckinney1976 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Jmckinney1976
Add me to QA team please
Old 02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dping28 is a n00b
I dont know how much help I could be. I mostly only have experience with flashing my 6700 with 3.3aku and the radio with the updated one, and manually installing my own software. Havent used any custom roms as they tended to have more then I wanted/needed.. However I love the idea behind this and would love to help out if I could..

-D
Old 02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmckinney1976
Add me to QA team please
Done!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dping28
I dont know how much help I could be. I mostly only have experience with flashing my 6700 with 3.3aku and the radio with the updated one, and manually installing my own software. Havent used any custom roms as they tended to have more then I wanted/needed.. However I love the idea behind this and would love to help out if I could..

-D
When we release our Beta ROM. it will be available to all of the forum membership. You'll be able to download and install it and still report bugs without any of the pressure to do actual testing. If that suits you, just sit tight, and we'll hopefully have a ROM in a couple of weeks. If you really want to get in and test, we'll add you to the team, but the downside is, your phone is being used as test platform for unproven software. This could be inconvenient.

Let me know what you'd like to do!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: VZW

evilgenius is a n00b
If you are still looking for another PM, I'll be happy to help out, I have some experience in the field and wouldn't mind giving you a hand, and I have some free time to donate to the project

Coverage Area: Greater Chicago
We never stop working for you --VZW
Old 02-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius
If you are still looking for another PM, I'll be happy to help out, I have some experience in the field and wouldn't mind giving you a hand, and I have some free time to donate to the project
Thank you! I'll let you know if it becomes necessary.

Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dping28 is a n00b
If with the testing you require the person to not install any 3rd party software then I should probobly wait til beta, as I have a few programs I have to have installed in order to do things i need.. BUT if I can install them and still test (and i have no problem with reseting) then I would be more than willing to partake in the offical testing. but either way you choose I am cool with.. I plan on hard reseting and trying my first kitchen attempt tonight so I can get a little up to speed to what you guys are doing.. Thanks!

-D
Old 02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dping28
If with the testing you require the person to not install any 3rd party software then I should probobly wait til beta, as I have a few programs I have to have installed in order to do things i need.. BUT if I can install them and still test (and i have no problem with reseting) then I would be more than willing to partake in the offical testing. but either way you choose I am cool with.. I plan on hard reseting and trying my first kitchen attempt tonight so I can get a little up to speed to what you guys are doing.. Thanks!

-D
Once the test methodology has been determined, we'll be able to answer your questions about 3rd party apps. For now, think of yourself as a Beta tester, but if the QA requirements give you the flexibility, we can add you to the QA team.

Sound good?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Getting excited!!!

Looks like we have a good list of users here. This should produce some great results.

Now about vacation time and benefits...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development