PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PPCGeeks Unified ROM Project Update: Thursday, 2/22 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2762)

anim0sity 02-23-2007 02:32 PM

Well alright!

Jmckinney1976 02-23-2007 03:14 PM

Add me to QA team please

dping28 02-23-2007 04:36 PM

I dont know how much help I could be. I mostly only have experience with flashing my 6700 with 3.3aku and the radio with the updated one, and manually installing my own software. Havent used any custom roms as they tended to have more then I wanted/needed.. However I love the idea behind this and would love to help out if I could..

-D

Glossman 02-23-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmckinney1976
Add me to QA team please

Done!

Glossman 02-23-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dping28
I dont know how much help I could be. I mostly only have experience with flashing my 6700 with 3.3aku and the radio with the updated one, and manually installing my own software. Havent used any custom roms as they tended to have more then I wanted/needed.. However I love the idea behind this and would love to help out if I could..

-D

When we release our Beta ROM. it will be available to all of the forum membership. You'll be able to download and install it and still report bugs without any of the pressure to do actual testing. If that suits you, just sit tight, and we'll hopefully have a ROM in a couple of weeks. If you really want to get in and test, we'll add you to the team, but the downside is, your phone is being used as test platform for unproven software. This could be inconvenient.

Let me know what you'd like to do!

evilgenius 02-23-2007 05:32 PM

If you are still looking for another PM, I'll be happy to help out, I have some experience in the field and wouldn't mind giving you a hand, and I have some free time to donate to the project

Glossman 02-23-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilgenius
If you are still looking for another PM, I'll be happy to help out, I have some experience in the field and wouldn't mind giving you a hand, and I have some free time to donate to the project

Thank you! I'll let you know if it becomes necessary.

Mike

dping28 02-23-2007 05:37 PM

If with the testing you require the person to not install any 3rd party software then I should probobly wait til beta, as I have a few programs I have to have installed in order to do things i need.. BUT if I can install them and still test (and i have no problem with reseting) then I would be more than willing to partake in the offical testing. but either way you choose I am cool with.. I plan on hard reseting and trying my first kitchen attempt tonight so I can get a little up to speed to what you guys are doing.. Thanks!

-D

Glossman 02-23-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dping28
If with the testing you require the person to not install any 3rd party software then I should probobly wait til beta, as I have a few programs I have to have installed in order to do things i need.. BUT if I can install them and still test (and i have no problem with reseting) then I would be more than willing to partake in the offical testing. but either way you choose I am cool with.. I plan on hard reseting and trying my first kitchen attempt tonight so I can get a little up to speed to what you guys are doing.. Thanks!

-D

Once the test methodology has been determined, we'll be able to answer your questions about 3rd party apps. For now, think of yourself as a Beta tester, but if the QA requirements give you the flexibility, we can add you to the QA team.

Sound good?

jamesus 02-23-2007 05:55 PM

Getting excited!!!

Looks like we have a good list of users here. This should produce some great results.

Now about vacation time and benefits... ;)