PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

seashell11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to seashell11
How much time and knowledge would the backup project manager need? I am just getting my ppc-6700's tomorrow, so I don't know much about roms yet but am planning on learning. I am manager/partner of a furniture store. Depending on how much this takes and what you need I might be able to be backup project manager. What are the requirements?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: QA Tester? Or, OEM Builder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto
I have been lurking a bit, and definitely have some time constraints on what I do.

Having said that, I do enjoy testing the various ROMs.

One job I would like to volunteer for that has not been suggested is a kitchen OEM builder. I am not very good around the ROM, but I do a mean UPX on programs (I have been able to access the latest UPX 2.92 beta to get the files working, and way down in size to load into my ROM), and I have a lot of interest in building OEM folders from cabs. I do need more pointers on how to build shortcuts, though (for whatever reason, instructions received have not yet worked).

So, I will leave it to you, mr. PM: either a QA tester, or an OEM builder (who needs some pointers and instructions). In either role, not a lot of time, but definitely some and lots of interest and enthusiasm to boot.

Just let me know which role you want filled.
Sounds like QA would be the best role, given your time constraints. You may be able to provide additional analysis on any bugs you may find, which would benefit the team.

So, welcome aboard!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell11
How much time and knowledge would the backup project manager need? I am just getting my ppc-6700's tomorrow, so I don't know much about roms yet but am planning on learning. I am manager/partner of a furniture store. Depending on how much this takes and what you need I might be able to be backup project manager. What are the requirements?
PM work is a lot like herding cats. Not hard, but sometimes exhausting. For this project, you'll do a lot coordinating between the different groups, making sure that all defects get looked at quickly and responding to questions for team members. You/We will also wind up helping out with writing specs for some of the existing issues.

In a nutshell, you need to be organized and quick to respond to issues and questions.

What do you think?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Lurker

seashell11 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
PM work is a lot like herding cats. Not hard, but sometimes exhausting. For this project, you'll do a lot coordinating between the different groups, making sure that all defects get looked at quickly and responding to questions for team members. You/We will also wind up helping out with writing specs for some of the existing issues.

In a nutshell, you need to be organized and quick to respond to issues and questions.

What do you think?
Well I should have the time. I am almost always by an internet connection, and can usually take 10 or 15 min. or an hour or whatever off at anytime to do other stuff. But, I don't have much experience. I would feel more comfortable if someone else would do this for now, but I will gladly do it and learn as fast as I can if you need me.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Quote:

What do you think?
Well I should have the time. I am almost always by an internet connection, and can usually take 10 or 15 min. or an hour or whatever off at anytime to do other stuff. But, I don't have much experience. I would feel more comfortable if someone else would do this for now, but I will gladly do it and learn as fast as I can if you need me.
Well, I'll be doing it too. I may need to delegate stuff to you if I'm busy at work. It won't be difficult for you to catch on, and when there's a need for something specific, it will be explained. We'll work closely together on this.

Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Lurker

seashell11 is a n00b
As far as the being organized and quick, I hope I am that way! Because, I am supposed to be managing a furniture store!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
As far as the being organized and quick, I hope I am that way! Because, I am supposed to be managing a furniture store!
The job is yours then!

Just watch for the project posts, and don't be afraid to ask questions!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Lurker

seashell11 is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
The job is yours then!

Just watch for the project posts, and don't be afraid to ask questions!
Got it! You'll be in charge, and I'll help where/when needed, and become more useful the longer I'm around. At least hopefully!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Lurker

anim0sity is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to anim0sity
I'd like to contribute my time as a QA tester. Depending on my free time I could become more involved as well. I've been lurking around the forums for a month or so, now I feel like I could contribute as well.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anim0sity
I'd like to contribute my time as a QA tester. Depending on my free time I could become more involved as well. I've been lurking around the forums for a month or so, now I feel like I could contribute as well.
Added you to the QA team.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development