PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PPCGeeks Unified ROM Project Update: Thursday, 2/22 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2762)

seashell11 02-23-2007 12:27 AM

How much time and knowledge would the backup project manager need? I am just getting my ppc-6700's tomorrow, so I don't know much about roms yet but am planning on learning. I am manager/partner of a furniture store. Depending on how much this takes and what you need I might be able to be backup project manager. What are the requirements?

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:36 AM

Re: QA Tester? Or, OEM Builder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd_matto
I have been lurking a bit, and definitely have some time constraints on what I do.

Having said that, I do enjoy testing the various ROMs.

One job I would like to volunteer for that has not been suggested is a kitchen OEM builder. I am not very good around the ROM, but I do a mean UPX on programs (I have been able to access the latest UPX 2.92 beta to get the files working, and way down in size to load into my ROM), and I have a lot of interest in building OEM folders from cabs. I do need more pointers on how to build shortcuts, though (for whatever reason, instructions received have not yet worked).

So, I will leave it to you, mr. PM: either a QA tester, or an OEM builder (who needs some pointers and instructions). In either role, not a lot of time, but definitely some and lots of interest and enthusiasm to boot.

Just let me know which role you want filled.

Sounds like QA would be the best role, given your time constraints. You may be able to provide additional analysis on any bugs you may find, which would benefit the team.

So, welcome aboard!

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seashell11
How much time and knowledge would the backup project manager need? I am just getting my ppc-6700's tomorrow, so I don't know much about roms yet but am planning on learning. I am manager/partner of a furniture store. Depending on how much this takes and what you need I might be able to be backup project manager. What are the requirements?

PM work is a lot like herding cats. Not hard, but sometimes exhausting. For this project, you'll do a lot coordinating between the different groups, making sure that all defects get looked at quickly and responding to questions for team members. You/We will also wind up helping out with writing specs for some of the existing issues.

In a nutshell, you need to be organized and quick to respond to issues and questions.

What do you think?

seashell11 02-23-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman
PM work is a lot like herding cats. Not hard, but sometimes exhausting. For this project, you'll do a lot coordinating between the different groups, making sure that all defects get looked at quickly and responding to questions for team members. You/We will also wind up helping out with writing specs for some of the existing issues.

In a nutshell, you need to be organized and quick to respond to issues and questions.

What do you think?

Well I should have the time. I am almost always by an internet connection, and can usually take 10 or 15 min. or an hour or whatever off at anytime to do other stuff. But, I don't have much experience. I would feel more comfortable if someone else would do this for now, but I will gladly do it and learn as fast as I can if you need me.

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What do you think?

Well I should have the time. I am almost always by an internet connection, and can usually take 10 or 15 min. or an hour or whatever off at anytime to do other stuff. But, I don't have much experience. I would feel more comfortable if someone else would do this for now, but I will gladly do it and learn as fast as I can if you need me.

Well, I'll be doing it too. I may need to delegate stuff to you if I'm busy at work. It won't be difficult for you to catch on, and when there's a need for something specific, it will be explained. We'll work closely together on this.

Mike

seashell11 02-23-2007 12:53 AM

As far as the being organized and quick, I hope I am that way! Because, I am supposed to be managing a furniture store! :lol:

Glossman 02-23-2007 12:56 AM

Quote:

As far as the being organized and quick, I hope I am that way! Because, I am supposed to be managing a furniture store! :lol:

The job is yours then!

Just watch for the project posts, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

seashell11 02-23-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The job is yours then!

Just watch for the project posts, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Got it! You'll be in charge, and I'll help where/when needed, and become more useful the longer I'm around. :? At least hopefully! :)

anim0sity 02-23-2007 02:21 PM

I'd like to contribute my time as a QA tester. Depending on my free time I could become more involved as well. I've been lurking around the forums for a month or so, now I feel like I could contribute as well.

Glossman 02-23-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anim0sity
I'd like to contribute my time as a QA tester. Depending on my free time I could become more involved as well. I've been lurking around the forums for a month or so, now I feel like I could contribute as well.

Added you to the QA team.