PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Totally Lost

I am very interested in trying to cook my own ROMs. I have used other people kitchens and would now like to create my own. I have been reading stuff here, XDA, mobile underground and am still very confused on how to proceed. I went to the XDA thread from ervius and downloaded what is provided. But don't know where to go from there. I understand that this is probably a common issue and that the answer is out there but I havent found it. If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be helpful. Instead of taking up forum space if someone would like to pm me some info this thread could be deleted.

I have attached a shot of what I download and extracted from ervius. Just to make sure I am starting out on the right foot.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Kitchen Shot.gif (2.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Threadstarter

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff
Re: Totally Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby69 View Post
Thanks for the link!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

I read through it all after I posted the link and sorry to say that I really didnt see much for how to but it mostly seemed like encouragement type thing...sorry I will look to see if I can find some other links for you!

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

http://www.ppckitchen.org/ great site!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_p5EN-x5TY Cooking for Newbs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=356545

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/06/...obile-rom.html

Maybe one of these links will help you out better? Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I am very interested in trying to cook my own ROMs. I have used other people kitchens and would now like to create my own. I have been reading stuff here, XDA, mobile underground and am still very confused on how to proceed. I went to the XDA thread from ervius and downloaded what is provided. But don't know where to go from there. I understand that this is probably a common issue and that the answer is out there but I havent found it. If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be helpful. Instead of taking up forum space if someone would like to pm me some info this thread could be deleted.

I have attached a shot of what I download and extracted from ervius. Just to make sure I am starting out on the right foot.
Try using PPCKitchen.org, i just got in to cooking roms myself, after downloading just follow instructions, pretty simple really, I've been cooking for the vogue, an extra phone i have, I'm waiting for the to release Kitchen Base for the HTC Imagio. PM me if you like

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development