PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: Telenor

HeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need your help with couple of issues

I need help with couple of issues so if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction or a place to find some solution

I'm cooking Panther ROM (GSM Palm Treo Pro) and having some issues:

1. shortcut reorganization in start menu, I've managed to make a file with it but I get double icons (in folders I've made and in start menu) - I've attached the file...
2. Jerky WMP play from large SD cards - dunno how to deal with this
3. calibration skip is not working - I created .rgu file with settings and place it in Ext part of the rom?
4. custom taskbar icons for qvga - how to change a lot of custom iconbars lying around but all of them are for VGA or WVGA, is there a way to convert them to the qvga 320x320
5. I'm having problems finding and removing Palm's programs from the rom so I can make Naked version of the rom
6. is there a way to disable/remove/hide/resize lower command line in 6.5.x roms? I'm trying to put manila2d in my roms but start and l/r action touch buttons are just too big. and to remove windows button because on TP there is a hardware win button...

Thanks a lot in advance, Igor

oversized command line:
Attached Files
File Type: txt shortcut.txt (2.6 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by HeecheeSCG; 12-14-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Need your help with couple of issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeecheeSCG View Post
I need help with couple of issues so if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction or a place to find some solution

I'm cooking Panther ROM (GSM Palm Treo Pro) and having some issues:

1. shortcut reorganization in start menu, I've managed to make a file with it but I get double icons (in folders I've made and in start menu) - I've attached the file...
2. Jerky WMP play from large SD cards - dunno how to deal with this
3. calibration skip is not working - I created .rgu file with settings and place it in Ext part of the rom?
4. custom taskbar icons for qvga - how to change a lot of custom iconbars lying around but all of them are for VGA or WVGA, is there a way to convert them to the qvga 320x320
5. I'm having problems finding and removing Palm's programs from the rom so I can make Naked version of the rom
6. is there a way to disable/remove/hide/resize lower command line in 6.5.x roms? I'm trying to put manila2d in my roms but start and l/r action touch buttons are just too big. and to remove windows button because on TP there is a hardware win button...

Thanks a lot in advance, Igor

oversized command line:
all I can try to help with is shortcuts: need to make sure that all references to your shortcuts in oem_lang_0409\initflashfiles.dat are removed. this plagued me for a while on TP. I am not sure how palm lays out their OEM stuff, but check there. with HTC, all the programs are bundled up in OEMAPPS, not at all sorted by package. what a pain. palm may do the same thing. Not sure if its true but it looks like carriers/OEM's make their rom dumps as hard to understand as possible lol

you cannot resize the bottom softkey bar, you can however use a manila position fix to move manila up to compensate for the top and bottom bar size differences
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

HeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHeecheeSCG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks RaidZero You are just in one word GREAT

Proud maker of custom ROM's for GSM Palm Treo Pro

And no there is no DONATE button no paypal in Serbia
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Heres a writeup i did at edtp on organizing the start menu and changing the icons!
http://everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=649]

Ive been using showcase 6.5.x fix for the task manager and also interceptor. I attached the EXT for interceptor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip InterceptorR4.zip (4.2 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 12-14-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bikeandestroyx,
thanks a lot this is a great stuff for icon placement,

I've tried showcase fix without cooking it but it seems like it is not working on sqvga deivce - I'll also try to cook it and see what happens.

I'll try the interceptor too

Thanks a lot guys
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development