PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

woods4ever is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A couple ringtone questions

Ok here is the deal I downloaded the audio manager for my touch right? Now what? Where do I get ringtones? Can I download itunes for the audio manager and the trim those? Can I turn my phone into a ipod type music player with this audio manager? And lets say I have a cd and I want to download a song from my cd onto my phone How? Is it possible?
Can anyone help me? Im new to this so any help would be appreciated Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
Audio manager lets you edit songs so you can set them as ringtones.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok i understand that but my queston was not that Thank you for the response though but can you please read the question again and maybe answer the questons I ask
Old 02-11-2008, 11:20 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods4ever View Post
Ok here is the deal I downloaded the audio manager for my touch right? Now what?
Now you Search you should know a little about a app before you dl and install it. Some things can mess your phone up if you don't read directions. This is not one of them but if you would have read about it you would know how to use it.
Quote:
Where do I get ring tones?
Google or make your own or purchase them.
Quote:
Can I download itunes for the audio manager and the trim those?
Sure
Quote:
Can I turn my phone into a ipod type music player with this audio manager?
Yes you can
Quote:
And lets say I have a cd and I want to download a song from my cd onto my phone How? Is it possible?
Yes its possible just rip the cd to your PC using WMP or Winamp and then copy the MP3 to your SD card then listen on your phone.
Quote:
Can anyone help me? I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated Thanks
Search PPC geeks and all your questions have/will be answered... I use a MP3 editor to make ring tones from MP3s.
You can try this one http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Also Don't be a pain when someone is trying to help you. It looks to me they did answer your question,just maybe not the way you wanted...
Quote:
ok i understand that but my queston was not that Thank you for the response though but can you please read the question again and maybe answer the questons I ask

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-11-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tnank you isme 420 So take me through this process Whats a winap or wmp? Where do I get one? Its it from that site you gave Pretty much Im asking if you take a cd put it into a computer (which is what I prefer to do) how do I rip that cd or the song on that cd i want and turn it into a ringtone? And I understand your search comment I do search its just im real busy so I prefer to have a guru answer all my questions for me Trust m you have already been a big help
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Winamp Media player,,,,, http://www.winamp.com/player .
Wmp = Windows Media player = pre installed on your Windows PC.

You put a Cd in your PC it asks what you want to do (AutoPlay).. .You want to RIP it to your Hard Drive with either one - WMP or winamp.
Copy chosen MP3/MP3's from your Hard Drive to the SD Card and listen thats your "Zune like player" on your phone... why say the "Ip*d" word.

Use the MP3 editor to make ring tones and edit them to about 30 secs. After you have the selected section of the MP3 you want for your Ring Tone copy it to your SD Card then on your phone use your file explore and paste it in My Device-Windows-Rings.....

Quote:
And I understand your search comment I do search its just im real busy so I prefer to have a guru answer all my questions for me Trust m you have already been a big help
I'm busy too man You want a personal guru you need Geek Squad not PPC Geeks.......

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-11-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sorry man thnx for the help though you rock!!! And to the guy earlier wasnt trying to come off as being a prick Im sorry if that is the way it comes out Thank you isme 420 for telling me it did come out kind of harsh oh and isme 420? Youre my pda guru Thanks again man I let you know how it urns out Have a good one gentleman

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones