PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, THIS IS BIG... FREE VZW RINGTONES. SERIOUSLY.

OK, stay with me, it's late, and I need to go to bed. I thought I'd share my ringtone nabbing method with you all before I crash out, so feel free to throw me some of those PPCGeeks dolla's to show your appreciation! *j/k*

Go to http://getitnow.vzwshop.com/

Navigate to ringtones.

Search or browse for the ringtone of your choice.

Preview the ringtone by clicking the audio icon next to the listing, it should open up a pop-up via java that streams the audio content.

Here's where it gets interesting: Right click the window and view page info.

Bypass all the initial file reference garbage, and about half way through the info, you'll fine the actual link to the ringtone on the server. I typically open a new window and paste that url. It opens an embedded media player such as windows media player in the web browser, and streams the audio file. Just right click and "save as" to your hard drive, and WAH LA! There's the ringtone that Verizon was going to charge you hard earned $$ for, on your desktop ready to be synced to your 6700!

OK, that is about as clear as mud, but again, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. I love you all good night... *lol*

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
tried going to the site, but maybe its down right now I got a big error....
Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Well I will check it out later, thanks for the tip tho.
~Mike

Old 12-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I got the same error last night, try again today. May have been down for maintenance or something...

~KC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

K, it's up now, so I'll try to elaborate further. For example, when you click the headphone icon to preview a ringtone, a pop-up will "pop up" with the audio file. Right click on the window and select "view page info". Immediately you'll see the referring address of the audio file. For example:

http://getitnow.vzwshop.com/wmpPopup.aspx?track=http://mobileimage.ztango.com/sound/vttone/006025171418341103.mp3&title=Smack%20That%20(feat% 20Eminem)&artist=Akon&contentId=41360&contentType= RT

Most of that url is garbage, BUT, notice the "TRACK=HTTP://" portion of the address? There's the meat and potatoes boys. Highlight that portion of the address, should be something like this:

http://mobileimage.ztango.com/sound/...1418341103.mp3

Disregard the part that begins "&title=Smack%20That%20...etc" Cut and past the aforementioned URL into a new page, and an embedded media player should appear playing the streaming audio file. I just noticed it's actually the Apple Quicktime player that plays in my Firefox Browser.

Right click anywhere inside the webpage, click "save as source", and rename as "SmackThat.mp3" or whatever the file may be in your case. No messy audio editing, no scouring forums for zip files, only to unzip and play the ringtone to find out you don't like it.

Preview it. Hack it. Own it.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Lurker

roadroket is a n00b
Okay I have figured out how to extract the file and play it in another webpage. The problem is when i try and save it. There is no option when i Right Click inside the page to "Save as source" or any other way to save the link. I have pasted the link in Outlook and it has come up as a hyperlink and i have tried to save it that way and still no luck. Please help!!! Can not figure out what I am doing wrong...
Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Thanks for the Smack That ringtone lol. On the ppc, u can click the link u have with pie plus installed and save target as :P I haven't had time to really check the site yet tho.
~Mike
Old 12-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
oh ssshhhh, you sir are the man. it takes about 10 sec. or less to dl ring tones now. thanks for the tip.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadroket
Okay I have figured out how to extract the file and play it in another webpage. The problem is when i try and save it. There is no option when i Right Click inside the page to "Save as source" or any other way to save the link. I have pasted the link in Outlook and it has come up as a hyperlink and i have tried to save it that way and still no luck. Please help!!! Can not figure out what I am doing wrong...
What web browser are you using? Use the latest version of Firefox. Dunno if that makes a difference, but its the browser I'm currently using on my pc.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE23
oh ssshhhh, you sir are the man. it takes about 10 sec. or less to dl ring tones now. thanks for the tip.

You're too kind, I'm blushing! *lol*

Just tryin to pull my own weight around here by contributing what little I have learned to the group, instead of silently mooching like I normally do! That's why its a community, right? Everyone doing their part to make this a kick ass ppc forum!

K, now that I sound TOTALLY clich? & corny, I'm going to bed. Happy Kwanza biznitches...

~KC
Old 12-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I need to get firefox .. where do I look for it?

I <3 Android
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones