PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Ringtones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ring tones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115336)

lioncat55 03-22-2010 08:54 PM

Ring tones

okay i am really good with computers but for what ever reason i can not figure out how to use custom ring tones is there some folder i have to put them in or some thing?

i am using mightyrom but i am trying to help a friend that has stoke USCC rom thanks for the help

tmz 03-22-2010 09:14 PM

Re: Ring tones

Put them in the windows ring tone folder. Thanks T M Z

lioncat55 03-22-2010 09:17 PM

where is that folder? my phone is being use for internet and it goes crazy when i try to use it for any thing else

tmz 03-22-2010 09:32 PM

start/programs/file explorer/my device/windows/ring tones.

augozageek 04-02-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioncat55 (Post 1651258)
where is that folder? my phone is being use for internet and it goes crazy when i try to use it for any thing else

For windows mobile..all i do is put mp3s in my storage card. then on your phone go to file explorer, storage card, find that mp3 press and hold the file till the menu comes up, the last option should say "set as ringtone" or you could just put the mp3 in Document/Ringtones. and for txt messageing ring tones- go to File Explorer/Application Data/Sounds- this is where you would put an mp3...after that go to Settings, Sounds and Notifications- here you can set that mp3 for text messaging, email etc.

Da Uniq 1 04-02-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augozageek (Post 1676250)
For windows mobile..all i do is put mp3s in my storage card. then on your phone go to file explorer, storage card, find that mp3 press and hold the file till the menu comes up, the last option should say "set as ringtone" or you could just put the mp3 in Document/Ringtones. and for txt messageing ring tones- go to File Explorer/Application Data/Sounds- this is where you would put an mp3...after that go to Settings, Sounds and Notifications- here you can set that mp3 for text messaging, email etc.

If U want them on your memory card then use
start/programs/file explorer/storage card/ring tones.

If no ring tones folder is there, simply make a folder.

LiberianGirl 04-10-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lioncat55 (Post 1651197)
okay i am really good with computers but for what ever reason i can not figure out how to use custom ring tones is there some folder i have to put them in or some thing?

i am using mightyrom but i am trying to help a friend that has stoke USCC rom thanks for the help

Easiest way is to save it in the My Ringtones folder on the main memory. Whenever you want to change the ringtone, it'll be listed with all the other system ringtones.