PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Carrier: Verizon

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WeatherPanel radar / image question...

I am wanting to change the radar options in WP. Do you change those the same way you change the traffic images?

Also, all the traffic cams in my area (http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smar...city=Knoxville) are self updating on a very short time frame. So, when I get the URL, it changes depending on when I click on the image. Will they also do this in WP or will I always get the old, static image from when I clicked on it? In other words, the traffic image on the web changes every few seconds. Will WP do the same?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: US Cellular

Bogy is a n00b
Re: WeatherPanel radar / image question...

I'm interested in the answers to volsmcfalls questions. I think my primary question is related to his question about the traffic shots updating. Is there a way to add an animated radar image to WP? I have added several radar sources to WP, but the animated ones only give me a static image.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
I am wanting to change the radar options in WP. Do you change those the same way you change the traffic images?

Also, all the traffic cams in my area (http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smar...city=Knoxville) are self updating on a very short time frame. So, when I get the URL, it changes depending on when I click on the image. Will they also do this in WP or will I always get the old, static image from when I clicked on it? In other words, the traffic image on the web changes every few seconds. Will WP do the same?
Yes, in WP, the weather image settings apply to any kind of image - radar, traffic or whatever. It's just an image URL, period.

WP will only work with static URLs - where the site changes the underlying image, but not it's URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogy View Post
I'm interested in the answers to volsmcfalls questions. I think my primary question is related to his question about the traffic shots updating. Is there a way to add an animated radar image to WP? I have added several radar sources to WP, but the animated ones only give me a static image.
WP will not download animations, but it does store up it's downloaded images (over time) and will animate them back to you.

Just tap-and-hold on the image and buttons will pop-up allowing you to play, step, zoom, etc.

---

If you haven't already seen the image tutorial, you can find it here...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: US Cellular

Bogy is a n00b

Thanks for the response storyr. I think I did the tap-n-hold once, probably by accident, and got the buttons, and then later couldn't figure out how to get them back again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes