PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Custom Task Bar

Here are some other Custom icons for other users at XDA. Right now these are in GSM for but I have spoken with the creators and they have shared with me there sources and are allowing me to create a CDMA version.

horstborsch at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1021

12aon at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=457173

bilborians set at XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=485548

Last edited by tsowen; 03-25-2009 at 01:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 28 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Seeing as how the previous thread was getting a little un-organized I've decided to start a thread on customizing the icons for us titan users. I will be updating the first post of this thread to keep us as current as possible.

YOU MUST BE USING OPAL PHONE CANVAS FOR THIS TO WORK. Be aware that 911 does not work with this dialer as of now. that can be found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=1 again, thanks mikee4fun

To get started, visit this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293 and follow steps 1, 2, and 3. That will get you the battery and speaker icons. PLEASE NOTE I have not been able to get the % above the battery to display right... for now. I also have a few icons that i have yet to find and resize you can see them in my screenshots in this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45451&page=3 post #21

if you dont want the battery and speaker you still have to install sdkcerts.cab which i will post here.

To get the battery to display correctly check your registry and make sure it reads as follows, otherwise your battery will be backwards. (show 17% when you're at 83%)

Make sure your registry says the following:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:65 (Hex) or 101 (Dec)
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:3e9 (Hex) or 1001 (Dec)
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:0

To get the different signal bars and data icons use the attached cdma_rssi_ppc.dll (this one I have not resized but it displays fine for me.) This is still a work in progress, and I will update when things change.

Credit for the Battery, Speaker, and signal bars goes to the people in the thread I posted above.

For the 1x and ev icons use the attached tapres.96.dll (i know it says tapres.192.dll in the other thread but, on my titan it was 96)

For the bluetooth icons use the attached .zip

Credit for these goes to Mikee4fun

For the messaging Icons use the attached outres.96.dll

Credit for that goes to me i resized all the icons for qvga.

ok here's what you do, IN THIS ORDER
1.)install sdkcerts.cab
2.)Step 2 from this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293
3.)Step 3 from this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293
You will need to rename the shellres.192.dll to shellres.96 if you want the custom start icon
4.)Copy the 4 items from the bluetooth zip and place them in /windows, and overwrite (you may want to backup the originals)
5.)Copy the tapres.96.dll file from the .zip and place in /windows, overwrite (you may want to backup your original .dll files)
6.)Copy the outres.96.dll file from the .zip and place in /windows, overwrite
7.)Copy the cdma_rssi_ppc.dll from the .zip and place in /windows, overwrite

Soft-reset and you should be good to go.

If you're having problems read through this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293 as they have covered alot of little problems. I will also do what I can to help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BT_Icon_Replace.zip (3.4 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip CDMA_RSSI_PPC.zip (19.0 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip outres[1].96.dll.zip (109.5 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip sdkcerts.zip (4.7 KB, 131 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip tapres[1].96.zip (16.1 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by CozBoogie; 01-26-2009 at 03:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff
Re: Custom Taskbar

Special thanks to everyone who helped me with contributions or icons they had made. Gadgetfreak, Tsowen, Brock, HTCLeener, people over at XDA, and anyone else I missed.

This is for CDMA ONLY!

Here is my LargeTitleBar.dll. This works best if your Taskbar background is black. Most of ours are so that shouldn't be an issue.

Below you will see (going from left to right starting at top left): wifi found, wifi not connected, phone signal, ringer on vibrate, battery, alarm notification, 1x, phone in use, multi-message icon, EV, data in use, (bottom row starts here) voicemail, data connected but not in use, text message, ringer off, email, ringer on (Not Shown but included: USB, different battery icons, missed call, signal searching, signal unavailable)

Installation Info:

- Just copy & paste the files into the /Windows directory (make sure to put ".bak" on the old files before you paste the new ones)
- A few of the icons (alarm, text message, etc) are pulled from their respective DLL's and I didn't need to modify mine...yours could be different.
- The LargeTitleBar.dll.zip contains my tapres.dll and my outres.dll because I had to modify a couple of files in them to make the icons look right in System Status. You do NOT have to use my outres or tapres file, but some of your icons (email, voicemail, txt msg, etc..) may not look 100% right on the status screen.
- Copy HTCLTB.png into your /Windows folder and overwrite your old file.
- This is not 100% complete, but it will be.

F.A.Q.s

- What happens to my taskbar if I use all 3 DLL's? What if I only use LargeTitleBar.dll?

IF you only use LargeTitleBar.dll...nothing will change on your taskbar...but a couple of icons on your system status screen may not look as good as mine.

IF you use all 3 DLL files, a few icons (email icon, voicemail icon, text message icon) will change on your taskbar to what you see on my status screens above.

IF you have anything other than a black background taskbar..you may notice black squares around a couple of the icons those mentioned above icons. (almost every today screen I see those has black background taskbars though so this probably won't be an issue with most people.)

Otherwise, if you don't mind about your txt msg, email, voicemail icons changing (they will change to what you see on my status screen..you may already have those exact icons so that may not matter) and you have black background taskbars...then just use all 3 files..works great.

- How do I get my squares with black background like your System Status screen?

Make sure you copy HTCLTB.png into the /Windows directory using TC and overwrite the existing file.

Enjoy!!

How I was able to change out these icons and remove the artifacts:

- The first thing I did involved HTCLTB.png, which you can tell from my zip, involved blacking out almost everything. This helped with icon distortion but not the white artifacts.
- To remove the white artifacts due to transparency, I manually opened each icon in IcoFX and filled in ALL the white/transparent areas and blended some areas in to the best of my ability to make the icons look as they do now. This is why I say, you might want to have a black background taskbar...otherwise a couple of icons may have black squares around them.
- I first attempted to take my LargeTitleBar.dll off of my phone and edit it and resign it...to no avail...no matter what I did it wouldn't resign.
- My next step was to find a Touch Pro LareTitleBar.dll, which I did find in this thread actually before it was consolidated.
- I then changed out a few icons and attempted to sign it before going through them all and low and behold it signed. I then proceeded to add all the icons, only to have the file become corrupt. So I had to start all the way over and instead of doing a lot of icons at once...I would do about 5-15 of them and sign it (to make sure it would sign) then unsign it and add more icons until I had it finished.
- Now, with where it is now...you can pretty much unsign it and add what you want without any problems.
- With the Diamond DLL...I actually had to try and unsign and sign this file multiple times...what I did was unsigned it...added all the icons..wouldn't sign...had to start over....unsigned it..and then just signed it to make sure it would sign(I unchecked read only in the properties of the actual file) and it signed. Then I unsigned it and added just 1 icon and then signed it back to see if it would sign....it worked. Then I would do about 5 icons at a time making sure it would sign all the way through until I was finished.
- You should be able to take either DLL now and unsign them and you should be able to add or replace whatever you want. These files are finicky though so don't be surprised if you have to unsign it a couple of times or try different amounts of icons to get it to sign again.
- Just don't give up...play with the file enough and you can get it to do whatever you want.
- The biggest thing I can say is A) make sure you can unsign it (if it doesn't appear to be unsigning rick click on it and click properties and uncheck read-only) B) make sure you can resign it C) Add 1 icon and see if you can still resign it D) Add multiple icons and see if you can still resign it.
- Just an FYI...the Touch Pro and Diamond LargeTitleBar.dll's are drastically different.

ALL VERSION UPDATE INFO BELOW (New zips below if available):

-
Added Sprint type 6 bar signal/data/phone in use icons to LargeTitleBar.dll so they will now show on the System Status screen. Also swapped out a few more icons in LargeTitleBar.dll.
- This update was more beneficial for the Touch Pro since all that was added to the Diamond DLL were the Sprint type signal icons (it has no phone or data icons).

1.2 (Only LargeTitleBar.dll needed)
*Note - You don't have to use the other files in the zip if you are just updating your LargeTitleBar.dll
*Note - For first time users please see the Installation Info section above

Touch Pro
- Added nice Activesync icon instead of USB stick icon (thanks tsowen)

Diamond
- Fixed some issues with EV not showing in status screen
- Added Activesync icon

Updated Images
1.2 Update

Last edited by igotgame; 01-31-2009 at 05:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 35 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nelly Taskbar 1:

They look ALOT clearer when installed
__________________________________________________ __________
Liquid Battery:

__________________________________________________ __________
Sensor Lock Icon Changed:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Liquid Battery.zip (135.7 KB, 556 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Sensor Lock.cab (54.1 KB, 272 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Nelly Taskbar 1.cab (852.1 KB, 350 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nelly04; 03-23-2009 at 07:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 25 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

All 6.5 GF Taskbars, etc can be found here...

+++++UPDATED 6-14-09+++++
I have uploaded a totally new taskbar for WM 6.1 here. This is based of of my WM 6.5 custom created taskbar for Drybonz Bear-Bonz ROM. This is available in CDMA and GSM flavors...

*****UPDATED 2-26-09*****
I have updated the QVGA Block Icon Task Bar and the QVGA Task Bar Based on Tsowen's TB 5. These are complete sets with everything we've managed to change included in each theme (Except for Arcsoft), including a CAB file for each theme.

Okay, here are my my contributions to our efforts. Just a reminder, but the 4 Taskbars are QVGA and CDMA only! When installing the Taskbars, remember to go in the following order:
  1. Backup your device
  2. SDKCerts Cab
  3. No2Chem Battery Driver
  4. Arthemus Cab
  5. Once those are installed, use Total Commander or Resco Explorer (preferred) to make back ups of all the dll's you are about to change by adding .bak to the file name.
  6. Use Reso Explorer or TC to add the entire contents of the file folder in the zip to you root \Windows file in main memory
WARNING for QVGA Device Owners: For the Bluetooth Icons to work, you need to have the Opal/Jade Phone Canvas installed for this to work. I have it and all of the files you will need for it to work on a QVGA phone here.
__________________________________________________ _______

First, up is the QVGA conversion of Tsowen's Block Icons (TB3). This file also includes my Large Title Bar (see below).

Next: Tsowen's TB 5 QVGA Conversion. Their are a few differences as I haven't gone back and made the most recent changes that Tsowen has, and the battery icons were flat out unreadable on the smaller res device (I'm working on that when I can). This file also includes Igotgame's Large Title Bar .

The second version of TB5 has the same icons except for the CDMA signal icons. Those are HTCLeener's first set located on this post.

Finally, we have the 4th set which is based on HTCLeener's set. I don't have any screens shots yet, becaause, quite frankly, I love the way the Block Icon Set looks on my phone and I haven't bothered to go back and load them so I can take pictures...

Here are links for 2 other phcanOVERbmp.dlls that Nelly04 adapted for QVGA phones: Post 11 & Post 12

Here is my Large Title Bar mod. It is for both QVGA and VGA devices. To install, just copy all 3 files to your \Windows file. As always: Backup!

DIAMOND USERS (UPDATED 2-15-09): There is a separate file in the HTC Large Title Bar zip for you phones. I've included a cab as well

FILE UPDATE: I've added a cab for the Touch Pro, Vogue and Mogul version of the HTC Large Title Bar to the zip file below. I also corrected an error with the WiFi icons.

Here is a link to additional files, including the QVGA version of HTCLeener's Black EV/1x icons, Block speakerphone and VM icons, and some raw battery icons for both VGA and QVGA phones that fit the Block style.

Lastly, I would like to thank Tsowen, HTCleener, Brock1909, igotgame, Nelly04, Lylej2k, Darren.Wlsn1, and Arthemus (XDA) for all of their contributions, help and advice in doing this for QVGA devices.

** If you want to do this for a QVGA device from scratch, follow the directions on this post or PM me directly. **

2-1-09 UPDATE: I've added dll files changing out the 3 default Start Menu Service Icons here.

2-5-09 UPDATE: New Battery Icons for Tsowen TB 3 attached to this post. 2-6-09: HTC LargeTitlebar.dll has been added as well

2-5-09 UPDATE: 2 set of battery Icons posted here. QVGA only!

2-6-09 UPDATE: New Revolver battery added here. VGA (10% reading icon set could be used for QVGA)

2-15-09 UPDATE: New Release - VGA Round Icons Task bars for TP and Diamond here. ***UPDATED on 2-16-09***

2-20-09 UPDATE: New/Different CDMA_RSSI_PPC Signal Icons released for the Round Icon TB here.

2-24-09 UPDATE: I've released a stand alone set of icons for the ArcSoft MMS Program (mmsres.dll)here.

3-5-09 UPDATE: Posted a Block Icons version of the Arcsoft MMS program here.

3-24-09 UPDATE: You can find the HTC Rhodium Notification Enhancements & Arcsoft MMS mod matching TB 6 Elite here.

The QVGA Version of the TB 6 Elite can be found here.

4-25-09 UPDATE: The Latest (and probably final QVGA version of the Elite TB 6 V3 can be found here.

4-27-09 UPDATE: The Elite TB 6 V3 Large Title Bar fix can be found here.

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owener(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 08-21-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: File Updates
This post has been thanked 50 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
Tested it out and I found this out when in TF3D.
  • The signal icon with the Globe/blue bars, Globe/grey bars, Globe/green bars, and X with arrows goes to the volume screen. Should take me to Phone Pop Up Bubble.
  • The Volume icon still goes to battery settings.
  • Battery icon goest to battery settings.
  • Ev/1x icon takes me to the Phone pop up bubble, EV/1x icon should take me to the Connectivity Pop Up bubble.
  • The SMS icon takes me to Connectivity Pop up bubble.
  • Multi Message icon takes me to the Connectivity Pop Up bubble.
  • Missed Call icon takes me to the Connectivity Pop Up bubble.
  • Email Icon thought it worked, but now it is Connectivity Pop Up bubble.
  • Wifi button pulls up Connectivity Pop up which I think it is suppose to do.
  • Alarm icon takes me to the Connectivity Pop Up bubble.
  • Couldn't get Wifi icon with little antenna to display.
  • Didn't test voicemail
While testing, by accident, I found that while in a WM app like the programs menu or my contact list...the buttons seemed to work correctly. Tested this multiple times. Was able to test EV/1x, signal, volume, multi-alert,
missed call, and sms all this way. They all worked correctly. Haven't been able to test the other icons.

So this seems to be a TF3D issue? Hope that is helpful.
Theta...thanks for that info. Now please help me by reading below:

I changed my Diamond file about 15 mins after I posted the first one....open the LargeTitleBar.dll you currently have in RESCHACK (download it from page 1 if you don't have it) and expand the ICONS folder and tell me how many folders are in the ICONS folder of that DLL you have on your phone right now.

It's either going to be 113 icon folders or 166 icon folders.

The reason I say that...the first file I posted was a modifed Touch Pro file which was really messed and I knew would have problems, but the new file(which has no downloads as of now) is the real diamond dll I modified.

Last edited by igotgame; 01-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Alright, so, I installed HTCLeeners signal icons and made sure my registry had the sprint 7 bar. My phone is showing the satellite image, but only has the 4 bars, AND they are white, not colored. Any ideas why?

And another odd thing, I made a couple icon changes in the tapres.192.dll and with the edited file, my icons wont update. For example when i disconnect the active sync, the icon doesnt change back to the Ev icon, it stays on the connected active sync icon. Or if i turn wi-fi on and off, the wi-fi on icon will stick.

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

These are various files that can be used for development, or to add functionality to QVGA devices so they get the full range of what we've accomplished here.

Battery Icon Sets:

These are 2 sets I came up with for the Block Icon Set. The first is VGA only. It's my favorite, but you just can't read it on a QVGA phone. The second file is for QVGA.

VGA Only

QVGA and VGA

Remember, there are the icons only. They have not been loaded into a phcanOVERbmp.dll.

Here are a Speakerphone and Voicemail Block Icons you can use:

Speakerphone Voicemail

The other files are the QVGA version of HTCLeener's black EV/1x CDMA icons, and the files for the QVGA Jade Phone Canvas Dialer.

If you choose to install that Dialer, use and advanced task manager to shutdown the cprog function before installing and backup your system.

Install in the following order:
  1. Phone Skin Cab
  2. SJ Patch (if you want hte slide to answer feature. If you do, make sure you disable that feature in S2US. They don't play well together)
  3. Dan's Touch Fix Cab (this fixes the dialer codes and 911)
  4. Open the included folder
  5. Albert's Phone Canvas Lock Cab
  6. Use Resco to copy the loose files into \Windows

Be patient with the Phone Skin install. It can take as long as 10-15 minutes...

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 01-23-2009 at 07:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Here are the fixes for those who's Volume Control shows the Huge font, the reason behind this is the HTCVolumecontrol.dll that was used in the cab's were for US/UK.

All you have to do is download the correct cab that goes with the taskbar you have installed.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have updated my LargeTitleBar.dll for the Touch Pro and Diamond to version 1.1

You can see what I added and download it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=16

Last edited by igotgame; 01-24-2009 at 02:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes