PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Custom Taskbar

Sorry I have been away from this thread, switched career fields and have been really tied up with real life but I promise to get back into things and working on some new stuff as soon as I get a chance. I will also monitor this thread and reply to questions anyone has.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RazrHD 4.1.2
Carrier: O2 Deutschland

seco10 is keeping up the good workseco10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crake View Post
It's a Desire clone because it's look like that one, but it is Dual Sim and it's running WM 6.5.
That's because i installed the taskbar i told you.
Any suggestions?
Want to see a print screen?
Ok, it looks like a Desire and runs WM6.5...
But the point is, that the shellre192.dll that you posted is definitely not from Brian's taskbar - so I think a screenshot could help - otherwise it's like wandering through the fog...

@tsowen: glad to see you back in the thread - it's always better when the right commander is leading the ship
Old 11-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC A8181 (Desire Clone) Dual Sim WM 6.5
Carrier: Vodafone and Optimus

Crake is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by seco10 View Post
Ok, it looks like a Desire and runs WM6.5...
But the point is, that the shellre192.dll that you posted is definitely not from Brian's taskbar - so I think a screenshot could help - otherwise it's like wandering through the fog...

@tsowen: glad to see you back in the thread - it's always better when the right commander is leading the ship
Ok, here it goes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Desire Dual.jpg (115.8 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
I suggest you to post your ExtPhoneCanvasOverRes_WVGA.dll and the shellres192.dll here, so I could look over it. May be we find a solution...

Edit: or at first look over this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/wm6-5-x-pp...tml#post867943 - it shows another dll for Base... the phcanBattery.dll
Yeah check that post out, with WM 6.5 the game changed on how the icons were read in the dll files. The battery images were now in the shellres so most developers still used the phcan for the battery icons or made a new dll to place them in and did a simple registry edit to point it in the right place.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok, here it goes...
Now the things will be a bit clearer - your screenshot shows the shellres192 that you've posted.
OK, since you found no phcanOverbmp.dll in your windows-folder would be the next step to do what tsowen described in the post before.
My suggestion is to adapt the phcan...dll from a similar taskbar to yours - but therefore you should be patient 'cause its a time-problem.
For the two signal-symbols (dual sim) I have no solution at the moment... no clue about the right registry tweaks for that...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Lurker

Crake is a n00b

Quote:
Now the things will be a bit clearer - your screenshot shows the shellres192 that you've posted.
OK, since you found no phcanOverbmp.dll in your windows-folder would be the next step to do what tsowen described in the post before.
My suggestion is to adapt the phcan...dll from a similar taskbar to yours - but therefore you should be patient 'cause its a time-problem.
For the two signal-symbols (dual sim) I have no solution at the moment... no clue about the right registry tweaks for that...
I appreciate your help and i'm not concerned with the two signal symbols, but in order to try some phcanOverbmp.dll, i understood before that i have to edit the registry, and like i told you before, my registry after being edited returns to the original state...
Old 11-25-2010, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I appreciate your help and i'm not concerned with the two signal symbols, but in order to try some phcanOverbmp.dll, i understood before that i have to edit the registry, and like i told you before, my registry after being edited returns to the original state...
OK, let's go.
First of all: make sure that sdkcerts is installed (if not, take the attached cab)
Variant 1:
Copy the attached phcanOverBmp.dll into the windows-folder on your device. Edit the registry (BaseID...) like I posted before. If it returns again, change the edit-software. I recommend CeRegEditor - easy editing via PC.
Softreset.
Variant 2:
De-install the taskbar from your device. Install the attached m6silver Color Taskbar (same icons as you posted) and if necessary the CDMAfix.cab
Softreset.
I recommend variant 2, because there are also the line 1/2 icons included...

If both variants will not work, I will go out of life in this way:
(and if it's the solution, you may hit the thanks-button for hours)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crake's Tools.zip (2.70 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by seco10; 11-25-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: attachment
Old 11-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Lurker

Crake is a n00b

Thanks a lot.
I will test this asap.

Regards, Crake.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Lurker

Crake is a n00b

Quote:
OK, let's go.
First of all: make sure that sdkcerts is installed (if not, take the attached cab)
Variant 1:
Copy the attached phcanOverBmp.dll into the windows-folder on your device. Edit the registry (BaseID...) like I posted before. If it returns again, change the edit-software. I recommend CeRegEditor - easy editing via PC.
Softreset.
Variant 2:
De-install the taskbar from your device. Install the attached m6silver Color Taskbar (same icons as you posted) and if necessary the CDMAfix.cab
Softreset.
I recommend variant 2, because there are also the line 1/2 icons included...

If both variants will not work, I will go out of life in this way:
(and if it's the solution, you may hit the thanks-button for hours)
My friend, i tried the Variant 1, and with Resco Registry the value becames the original one.
Then i've installed the "CeRegEdit_Setup_0.0.5.2" but with no luck, as you can see on my images attached.
Is there any mistake that i'm committing??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crake0.jpg (67.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Crake1.jpg (13.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Crake2.jpg (13.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Crake3.jpg (3.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Crake4.jpg (4.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I'm busy 'cause I have to search for a stable wall before this problem becomes a nightmare...
Really, I have not the foggiest idea, why this simple tweak will not work for you. I think CeRegEditor is one of the best apps.
Could it be that there is a connection with your dual-sim-thing? Or is there one thing failed to notice in the constellation of your device? Or is the point that your taskbar is named "...test..."?
Ultimately it will will be the best you take my preferred variant 2 - so could all components proper work together...

but not to forget: you have sdkcerts.cab installed?

Last edited by seco10; 11-29-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: sdkcerts
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes