PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Macho is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Can you guys take a look at this icon this is my first icon i ever made tell me wut you think or if any suggestions on how to make it better I personally think the sh$t is hot and there is alot to learn but im lookin foward to making some very interesting and unique icons
Attached Images
File Type: png ev icon64x64.png (4.9 KB, 424 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ev icon.jpg (8.4 KB, 102 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Sorry been out of the loop all day, had something come up at work. Here is the last set of Ev/1x icon's

Last edited by tsowen; 02-01-2009 at 04:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I think I need someone to double check my work on the HTC Start Menu Icons. The dll unsigned without any problems, switching out and saving the new icons went smoothly, and they signed correctly. Only one problem, when I went back in to double check the icons, Icon 5 was distorted, and icons 6-8 were reporting as corrupted. I've included my original dll, as well as both modified ones if anyone can back check me to make sure I didn't screw up somewhere...

Oh, I tried swapping the icons out with both PE Explorer and Reshack. Same error.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Start Menu Icons Errors.zip (209.8 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
TSOWEN this has been mentioned before. Anyway to fix this or is it being worked on? BTW this also occurs on the CDMA Devices. Thanks!
Did you replace the background of the large title bar with the HTCLTC.png files on both mine and Igotgame's posts on this? That will eliminate the icon artifact you are seeing.

Here's the link to my post. Download the Block Large Title Bar zip. Youcan discard the dll (for some reason my version doesn't do well on the Diamond). All you need are the 2 HTCLTB png files in the zip. Put both into your Windows file, soft reset and this should be dealt with for you.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
gadget post your icons you want to use and I will see if I can insert them.

Here you go! I was trying to do 2 versions, One for the block icons that I like so much, and one a bit more generic.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Start Menu Icons.zip (100.1 KB, 157 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Here you go! I was trying to do 2 versions, One for the block icons that I like so much, and one a bit more generic.
Here is the one with original
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcStartMenuService.zip (76.1 KB, 110 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Here is the one with the blocks
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcStartMenuService.zip (73.0 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Thanks! What made it work for you? I obviously didn't get enough sleep last night, since I, for the life of me, could not get it to work...
Well because you are making the .dll larger because of the quality of the images what you have to do is unsign it, then open it in PE Explorer and go to Data Directories, click on Certificate Table and set it to Zero then save. Open it in ResHacker since you are changing the depth of the images and PE Explorer don't like this haha... and change the icon's out then save and sign. Once you did the above the first time and saved it you will not have to do it in the future when changing out the imahes because you changed it the first time. If you ever get the message "Error: Signing Failed. Result = 80070057, (-2147024809)" when signing this is your problem and you need to do the method above. What this does is detroy the security table so you can sign it again.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
Wow tsowen. That's a longer process than I did! All I did was open it with restorator 2007 and copy the files to the dll and it worked for him also. try it out.
Never used restorator before. I didn't have a problem replacing the images, it would just give me the error when I went to sign them. Typically when you get this error its because your certificate table is corrupt because you have changed the size of the .dll so you have to destroy the table by setting it to Zero to resign it. Either way good work all around. You guys keep up the good work, we really are making huge leeps here with the amount of changes we are doing to the Windows Mobile Platform look. XDA is normally known for there developing but with you guys I would say we have been far more advance over, so I would like to say thanks for everyones input here. Its a shame that HTC/Sprint or Miscrosoft don't put better quality stuff in there product. Imagine if your phone came "stock" with all of these custom images instead of the standard black/white or low quality images.

Now if we can just fine that freaken ok/close haha but it will come just like the CDMA network icons and all the other ones we couldn't find we eventually found them.

Last edited by tsowen; 02-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
The Inspector Mod

HTC Start Menu Services Icons

This dll will change the Today, Settings, and Programs Icons on your Start Menu. I have two versions, One matches Tsowen's Taskbar 3, the other will work with several of the other task bar versions posted here. This definitely works for QVGA, but it should work for VGA as well. I would like to get a couple of victims, I mean, guinea pigs with VGA devices to give both files a try, and either PM or post here what the results are. Thanks!

UPDATE: You must have the HTC Large Start Menu Activated for this to work. (Thanks to darren.wlsn for the tip!)

CWCID to Nelly04 and Tsowen for helping me identify and fix the mistake I made in changing these icons out.

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 02-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes