PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

oops let me try now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (20.1 KB, 110 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
heres a screen shot can someone tell me which bt bmps are supposed to be here or which one arnt
You are going to get 2 files for each icon. One is the image, the other is a mask. Are your BT images coming up blurry or distorted?

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor

try this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (13.6 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: replacing icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0tix View Post
ok so i tried changing the speaker icon out on twosentaskbar 5.7, i draged phcanoverbmp.dll over "unsigner" then opened it with "reshacker" went to icon group>(folder #)160,161,162 and replaced battery icon accordingly at 32x32 and saved the .dll, then i opened "siggner" clicked select files, found my phcanoverbmp.dll and having "siggner" set as "sdksampleprivdeveloper" i clicked stat process! the black box poped up for a second and then i was told "process finished" now i took the resigned .dll and placed it on my storage card through active sync, i opened up Total Commander and renamed the taskbars original Phcanoverbmp.dll as phcanoverbmp.bak and moved the "NEW" phcanoverbmp.dll to windows it saved and i soft reset the ppc but when it reboots it only shows my new speaker icon for maybe 4 seconds then once tf3d is launced it reverts back to the taskbars original speaker icon!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

I have a sprint touch pro with CFAY stock sprint rom v1.03.657.3 ( with build 21028.16.0 gwes.exe cooked in to run all the new HTC enhancements) i have sdkcerts and nuepowerCDMAdiamond installed

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS? Thank you in advance!
You were almost there man haha... you didn't finish reading the first post. For the Speaker you have to change it in 3 different locations. When the phone first boots up it reads the speaker icons from the phchanOverbmp.dll, then when TF3D loads it reads them from the HTCVolumecontrol.dll so you have to put them in there as well and I believe the last location is in the shellres Icon group 5072-5074
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: replacing icons

Quote:
ok so i tried changing the speaker icon out on twosentaskbar 5.7, i draged phcanoverbmp.dll over "unsigner" then opened it with "reshacker" went to icon group>(folder #)160,161,162 and replaced battery icon accordingly at 32x32 and saved the .dll, then i opened "siggner" clicked select files, found my phcanoverbmp.dll and having "siggner" set as "sdksampleprivdeveloper" i clicked stat process! the black box poped up for a second and then i was told "process finished" now i took the resigned .dll and placed it on my storage card through active sync, i opened up Total Commander and renamed the taskbars original Phcanoverbmp.dll as phcanoverbmp.bak and moved the "NEW" phcanoverbmp.dll to windows it saved and i soft reset the ppc but when it reboots it only shows my new speaker icon for maybe 4 seconds then once tf3d is launced it reverts back to the taskbars original speaker icon!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

I have a sprint touch pro with CFAY stock sprint rom v1.03.657.3 ( with build 21028.16.0 gwes.exe cooked in to run all the new HTC enhancements) i have sdkcerts and nuepowerCDMAdiamond installed

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS? Thank you in advance!
Could you zip up and post your new phcanoverbmp.dll? I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

Edit: DOH! I forgot about the HTC Volume Control dll. Geez...
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Little reminder to all Gadgetfreak and HTCLeener put a lot of hard work into this and I haven't seen many thanks for them. Please guys its not hard and doesn't cost you anything please hit the Thanks buttom for these guys and show your appreciation.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: the big red V

k0tix is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to k0tix Send a message via Yahoo to k0tix
Thumbs up Re: replacing icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Could you zip up and post your new phcanoverbmp.dll? I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

Edit: DOH! I forgot about the HTC Volume Control dll. Geez...
the original is fine i was just trying to put the speaker from 6 into 5.7 but here is the .dll, tsowen explained what i had to do so im going to try and work it out....

...anyway to get the icons from the battery you guys were going to originally use in 6? because i love the new taskbar but that fat battery is like a fat girl shes ok to use but you dont want you friends to see you with her LOL

also i would like to THANK YOU for all the hard work you put into the new taskbar gadget!
Attached Files
File Type: rar phcanOverbmp.rar (164.1 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
well just the bt blue icon but it looks like i have something like another bmp file behind it...let me see if i can get a screen shot fo you...brb
Put these in your \Windows file. It should take care of the issue you are having.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BT Mask Zips.zip (1.2 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

From now on please refer to this post for updated on taskbar 6 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=3
This is so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ahhh awesome im going to work on that later ty, 1 more question i downloaded the dll the complete icon pack under your post so i could attempt to change out the battery to the one you were going to originally use in taskbar 6 but there is no battery icons in the zip... can i get them please and any other speaker icons you may have i would like to try and add just that battery w/o the percentage for my taskbar, if so what are the right icons for the appropriate battery degrading steps?

THANK YOU ALOT MAN!!!
They are here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=490

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
okay, so i have been trying to just change out some of the icons that i like. dont get me wrong, the new tskbr is great, but i just wanna use some of the icons from the set that wasnt used. i am using an older version of the taskbar, but i wanna use the new voicemail icon, and a few other notificaion icons.

now i have read and read and read the first posts on how to do this, (which means nursememewhatever, dont bite my head off like u do others).

i dont understand exactly what i am supposed to do. i have gotten outres.192.dll. i copied it from my phone to my sdcard and onto my pc. so from my pc, i unsigned the file and opened it in resourcehacker. but from there, i am confused as to what icons to change.

it seems that this file contains more icons then just the notification ones. i know everyone is asked this all the time, but i am stumped.

plus i had tried doing this once b4 when i wanted to change out my start icon, but when i tried changing the icon to one provided on the 1st page, it told me the file size was to large, will this happen with the ones that were posted on page 49...i think that was the page. the icons that were not used in the latest set.

i really dont wanna give up on this like i did when i wanted to change the start orb
Its easy bro first take the file you want to edit and drag and drop it on the unsigner to unsign the security certificate in the dll (if not you will corrupt it). Now download PE Explorer it has a 30 day free trial. Use PE Explorer to open up the dll by double clicking the dll. Up top in PE Explorer Click View then click resources. On the left hand side you will click + Sign on the Icon Entry. THis will expand the tree and you will see numbers if you click the numbers it will bring up the icons. Once you have the icon you want to edit right click that number and then edit resource. Up top click the folder icon which will bring up a window for you to navigate to the icon you want on your computer. One your done then click OK which will bring you back to where you were. Continue to do this until all the icons you want are replaced then click save. Now you just need to resign the dll using the method on the first page and then place it into your /Windows Directory on your phone using the method on the first page and then soft reset. Hope this helps. I should make a YouTube video eh? haha.....
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes