PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

Crake 11-29-2010 06:38 PM

Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:

Originally Posted by seco10 (Post 2004134)
Well, I'm busy 'cause I have to search for a stable wall before this problem becomes a nightmare...:drunken:
Really, I have not the foggiest idea, why this simple tweak will not work for you. I think CeRegEditor is one of the best apps.
Could it be that there is a connection with your dual-sim-thing? Or is there one thing failed to notice in the constellation of your device? Or is the point that your taskbar is named "...test..."?
Ultimately it will will be the best you take my preferred variant 2 - so could all components proper work together...

but not to forget: you have sdkcerts.cab installed?

Yes, i didn't forget the sdkcerts.cab.
There are no other connections to the device beyond the Activesync!
Tomorrow i will try the variant2.
Thanks.

Crake 12-01-2010 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried the Variant2 but the results are not the expected!

I must say that i also tried to install the "cdma..." file you provided, but i loose the two network signal icons, so i uninstalled it.

The battery icon proceed by default.
Any idea??

seco10 12-01-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crake (Post 2005196)
...Any idea??

Sorry, I don't have a clue - there must be something in your constellation that I can't explain from the distance.
You should search (by using CeRegEdit...) in your registry, what dll's are controlled and than compare with the dlls in the taskbar-cab from variant 2. That will direct you to the required registry-changes...

Crake 12-01-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seco10 (Post 2005208)
Sorry, I don't have a clue - there must be something in your constellation that I can't explain from the distance.
You should search (by using CeRegEdit...) in your registry, what dll's are controlled and than compare with the dlls in the taskbar-cab from variant 2. That will direct you to the required registry-changes...

Yes, like i told you before i guess it is the "BaseDll"="\Windows\ExtPhoneCanvasOverRes_WVGA.dll , but what can i do if i i'm not even able to copy it??!!

puff 12-01-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crake (Post 2005248)
... i guess it is the "BaseDll"="\Windows\ExtPhoneCanvasOverRes_WVGA.dll , but what can i do if i i'm not even able to copy it??!!

use ROM Extractor :)

tsowen 12-01-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 2005261)

My magic dragon is correct try ROM extractor to pull the .dll do a search on here for it, also I have not followed your whole problem and verses having to read through many pages please send me a PM with the problem so I can take a look at it. If I am able to fix it I will post it up for everyone for future reading.

Also as this thread has became very long again I am going to have it cleaned up a little to make it easier for future use.

Thanks

GirlGoneGeek 12-02-2010 02:37 PM

i haz to interrupt you guys and invite you to this thread incase you haven't seen it already ;) It's a simple contest were running and I'm sure you pro's can whip up something hastily eh? If so, show us what you got!

Crake 12-03-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 2005261)

Pls help me: How do i do a "ROM Extractor" on my dll file??

puff 12-04-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crake (Post 2006934)
Pls help me: How do i do a "ROM Extractor" on my dll file??

Let me google that for you :mrgreen:

puff 12-04-2010 06:00 AM

ok now after you get ROM Extractor - check out this post :thumbright: