PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya View Post
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting the clear and white flip clocks for Sprint...

I'd like to have the today screen background on all tf3d pages, but I'm hesitant to overwrite the original Manila files that come with the device. Does anyone have a zip of the original files for the Sprint Diamonds, or has that change been made into a cab yet?
Yes. I have all the original Sprint files in Post #4 on the first page of this thread (the post about Manila Editor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverD16y71996 View Post
so i changed my tab names but for some reason i cant change the "home" tab name and the "programs" tab name. are these tab names in the 090661f7_manilla file and if so what do i need to change, everything else works just fine and have had no problems using your file and tips.
Home and Programs are both listed in that file... I just checked to be sure. Home is at the beginning, and Programs is usually right in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloogenes View Post
Does anyone know how to change the fonts? I found some tutorials on how to change the WHOLE font by using a font editor and renaming it to Tahoma, HelveticaNueu.. etc. But I want to just change the font for the text in the Mail tab where the subject and body is. I sometimes get emails in Korean and it doesn't show up.
I have not made any effort to change fonts, but I have seen people on XDA do it. Search their Themes forum for info on that, or else I'll try to post a link on here later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
anyone have the manila file that represents the unread mail/sms notifications in RED.. thats the only change i want to make to my theme....

since i am not using the stock theme... would that be an issue.. from what i am reading yes it would be ....

can u just tell me the name of the file then ... maybe i can change in manila editor... u know the hex for red.... not sure how to change the color but i guess i will have to fool around with that... i only changed pictures so far
Here is the red file and a blue file... just unzip the one you want and place the manila file in your phone's \Windows folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip red_notification.zip (609 Bytes, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip blue_notification.zip (829 Bytes, 40 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

that worked awesome... thanks.... would u know a simple way of adding a calendar tab on tf3d... i saw some cabs around xda but they always seem to lock up tf3d.. or also add callhistory or communications tab
Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

sorry to be a pain but i change all the tab names in the 090661f7_manilla file and still the home and programs tab havent changed so im thinking that they are in another file. all the others have changed though, heres what i changed

all have been changed between the <source>new name</source>
IDS_MANILLA_TITLE
IDS_HOMETITLE
IDS_FAVOREITS_SITES
IDS_EMAILTITLE
IDS_DETAILS
IDS_CONTACTCARDTITLE
IDS_CALLLOGTITLE
IDS_PHOTOANDVIDEOS
IDS_WEATHER
IDS_SETTINGTITLE
IDS_PROGRAMS
IDS_FAVORITEPEOPLETITLE
IDS_MUSIC
IDS_MESSAGE
so on and so on... as you see i did all the one listed and all work fine except home and programs. any advice...?

Last edited by silverD16y71996; 11-30-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

raull1 is a n00b

Hello,

First of all. Thank you very much for the changes you have made to my touchpro. It is more responsive now.

I have one question. I am trying to change my clock to the glass clock. What I did was I downloaded the files to my desktop. unzipped them. connected the phone through USB Disk Drive. Pasted into memory card and then browsed in the phone to memory card. copied files to windows folder but it did not work.

It said that I either have not enough memory or i'm not allowed to change the files. It did mention originally when I pasted the files into the windows folder whether I wanted to replaced the files already there with the ones i was bringing in.

If you can help me with this I appreciate. I am not sure whether I'm supposed to attempt this through the manila editor.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
that worked awesome... thanks.... would u know a simple way of adding a calendar tab on tf3d... i saw some cabs around xda but they always seem to lock up tf3d.. or also add callhistory or communications tab
I discussed this in post 3... the short answer is that the call history and calendar tabs are pretty pointless since there's no real functionality with them. The communications tab is functional, but there are a lot of issues with the font colors (personally, the two solutions from XDA are less than appealing).

Quote:
sorry to be a pain but i change all the tab names in the 090661f7_manilla file and still the home and programs tab havent changed so im thinking that they are in another file. all the others have changed though, heres what i changed
so on and so on... as you see i did all the one listed and all work fine except home and programs. any advice...?
I assume that you did disable/re-enable TouchFLO3D after the change? Beyond that, I've not seen any sign that those can't be changed, but I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure. Try editing 26948339_manila instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raull1 View Post
Hello,

First of all. Thank you very much for the changes you have made to my touchpro. It is more responsive now.

I have one question. I am trying to change my clock to the glass clock. What I did was I downloaded the files to my desktop. unzipped them. connected the phone through USB Disk Drive. Pasted into memory card and then browsed in the phone to memory card. copied files to windows folder but it did not work.

It said that I either have not enough memory or i'm not allowed to change the files. It did mention originally when I pasted the files into the windows folder whether I wanted to replaced the files already there with the ones i was bringing in.

If you can help me with this I appreciate. I am not sure whether I'm supposed to attempt this through the manila editor.
You didn't disable TouchFLO3D when you copied them to the Windows folder. Start > Settings > Today > Items tab, uncheck TouchFLO3D and try again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Changing the Internet Globe Icon or Remove the YouTube Link
For some reason, Manila Editor has a really hard time replacing this graphic. In fact, if you even try, you'll end up with a "white out" effect where the icon belongs. The actual manila files in question are:

Globe: 7d3f1247_manila
Globe Selected: 3f00cd2f_manila

However, until Manila Editor works for this graphic, you might think you're out of luck. Not really... instead of those two files, create your own graphics based on 512x256 dimensions with 96dpi and save them as Globe.png and Globe_Selected.png. Then, edit 27c65cbd_manila instead. Change the code for the entire file to look like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>  
 <IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
 <Banner
   DefaultImagePath="\Windows\Globe.png"
   SelectedImagePath="\Windows\Globe_Selected.png"
   Width="480"
   Height="215" />
 <OperatorLinks>
   <Link
     Text="YouTube"
     Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
     ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\youtube.qtc" />
 </OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>
Oh, speaking of 27c65cbd_manila... if you remove the code between the OperatorLinks section, you'll also get rid of the YouTube Link on the Internet tab.
question how do i go about adding my own links in there with web favacons, the same way youtube was there but using my own favorite sites.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
question how do i go about adding my own links in there with web favacons, the same way youtube was there but using my own favorite sites.
If all you want is a site, just start bookmarking things in Opera. They won't use the favicons, however.

If you want to replace or add links to net-based programs and sites, you need this section of code duplicated and edited:

Code:

<Link
     Text="YouTube"
     Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
     ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\youtube.qtc" />
For example, let's say you wanted to add a link for Google Maps:

Code:

<Link
     Text="Google Maps"
     Executable="\Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe"
     ImagePath="\Path to Image Here\Image.png" />
I'm not sure if this works for web sites, however, I'm not sure why it shouldn't work (in theory). You'll need to supply your own images.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jaydubya is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Yes. I have all the original Sprint files in Post #4 on the first page of this thread (the post about Manila Editor).
Hey, thanks very much for your response!

I installed the files in the zip "Backgrounds+FlipClock (Glass).zip".

This does install the clear flip clock and does provide the TF3D background behind all tabs, but it also disables the ability to open the calendar from the appointment list on the home page. Anyone else notice this?

Below the "call history", TF3D lists your appointments. Before installing these files, I could click on an appointment and was taken to the calendar application. After installing these files, the calendar application does not open after I click on an appointment (the appointment just turns yellow; clicking it multiple times does not help).

Cheers,

Jeff

edit - just noticed that "dvipaul" reported the same problem earlier in this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=71

Anyone else?

Last edited by jaydubya; 11-30-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Lurker

KOF33 is just getting started

Im having similar problems as a previous poster.

Can open files fine , can export fine , etc...

All pictures are cut off. Tried header changes , tried re sizing them from 32--256 nothing works. All the icons look shoved to the corner.

Exactly as described here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=46

Im specifically trying the landscape Icons.

Tried it with default manilas.....tried it with others PNGs. Nothing.

No clue whats going on and dont see an answer here or on XDA.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Lurker

KOF33 is just getting started

Do any of these contain the Name properties for "landscape mode"
Ive dited the regular tabs due to this...but cant seem to do the portrait panel for when my KB slides out.

Quote:
090661f7_manila IDS Name Properties For Titles
26948339_manila Touchflo 3D tabs (Order and Name) and Icons
26948339_manila_disabled Kind of what it says (disabled tabs from above file)
27c65cbd_manila Internet Tab with links
00c5a875_manila Music IDS Properties for Music Tab
00336a977_manila Some kind of file relating to SprintMusicLauncher?
0eda40d4_manila Stylesheet for txt colors
17278385_manila Stylesheet for fonts
1abf2ef5_manila IDS Properties for "Close"
1c8e4e38_manila IDS Properties for Question and Response
1dea52e0_manila IDS Properties for Favorites People
24cdd53b_manila IDS Properties for email, tasks, messages, web search
32b4cd2c_manila IDS Properties for Photos and Videos
3398255c_manila IDS Properties for Music
3b89434c_manila IDS Properties for Phone settings (ringtones, volume, etc.)
3ee7eaa1_manila IDS Properties for Contact actions (call, txt, etc.)
4cdb88a5_manila Audio Textures for Controls (positioning buttons)
50d9e6de_manila Stylesheet for LMenu button text
532f9cce_manila IDS Properties for SprintTV actions
590ad244 IDS Properties for Main View (date format, Missed call indicators etc.)
5aee9e83_manila IDS Properties for Email actions and messages
5c6fbc96_manila IDS Properties for Internet page
5fd81316_manila Channel config for SprintTV (Launch Icon)
62b1c5d9_manila IDS Properties for Call Log
6be6fd25_manila IDS Properties for Programs Tab
6fe0d90d_manila IDS Properties for Manila Title
6fe8c8cf_manila IDS Properties for Music Lists
743c3099_manila IDS Properties for Messaging
767a192b_manila IDS Properties for Weather
7895cc73_manila Stylesheet for background, tabs etc.
7f6b00a5_manila IDS Properties for Music (playing I think)
7fc62a3c_manila IDS Properties for Unknown?????
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes