PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

grondinm is keeping up the good workgrondinm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UPDATED Sep-29-2008 Matrix RLToday Skin Now has weather page

Hey guys. I've been working on this skin for rltoday and i think it's finally ready to see the light of day. It is meant to be a full replacement for the today screen for device with 240x320 resolution. The skin features 9 configurable buttons. Also has a configuration script.

The buttons are numbered from left to right so row 1 has 1-3 row 2 4-6 and row 3 7-9 the configuration is in the buttom right hand corner and can be used to initially setup the buttons or for modifying them after initial setup. The buttons can also be setup simply by pressing on the button you wish to setup.

The SMS Count lonks to the messangin app and the calls links to the call history. The clock is also linked to the windoes clock&Alarms. I'm working on a weather page for this skin as well but it might be a little while.

For the moment you will need to copy the font file(MLTWNII.ttf) from the rltoday folder to the windows\font folder.

i tired making a cab but the font seemed to get applied to other areas of windows so i'm going with the manual route for now.

So extract the folder in this zip to your rltoday folder and change the skin to matrix.

NOTE:SD version taken down as it turns out(should have looked into it) rltoday can't run from sdcard sorry if i caused anyone any confusion was just covering all bases. thanx to brunoisa10 for helping me realize this fact.

UPDATE

Weather page now added. it uses yahoo weather feeds so go to http://weather.yahoo.com/ and find your city

ex: mine is at http://weather.yahoo.com/Moncton-Canada/CAXX0297 so my weather code would be CAXX0297.

it will ask for this code when you update for the first time. it will also ask if you want C or F as your temp reading and creat a link to the yahoo weather page that can be accessed by tapping on the icon for today's forcast. I have been using it and pefecting the positioning for a few weeks now. all shoul be perfect. a few icons still need resized they will follow soon. for anyone updating just replace your existing matrix folder with the one in the new archive. then reload the rltoday skin by long tapping a empty spot of today screen.

Let me know what you think.

Version history

Added weather page!!
Rewrote some parts of the button and config scripts
removed some useless messages
fixed some alingment
Removed all xxx(apart from weather page) from the skin(happens when rl can't find a reg key)
and probably a few other things over the weeks that i forget.

initial realese

To do:
Landscape Support
Make icons changeable
Any other suggestions?
thanx to syrguy1969 for the graphical work.

Download mirror(Thanx 2 Napbree):http://www.touch-innovation.com/skindetails-59/ (still has version 1.0 Napbree let me know when you update)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rltodaymatrix.jpg (25.2 KB, 132 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg weather.jpg (23.4 KB, 64 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rltodaymatrix15.zip (1.98 MB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Like my work or have i helped you in anyway? Why not Buy me a drink.

Feel like getting bitten and help me out click here

http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/35944.JPG

"We did nothing to stop the murdering of people just like us" -Rise Against

Last edited by grondinm; 09-30-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: New version
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Matrix RLToday Skin

looks real cool man, WAY better than any other matrix theme i've seen FOR SURE! I hope to see more!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
looks real cool man, WAY better than any other matrix theme i've seen FOR SURE! I hope to see more!
Couldn't agree with you more Syanni. Looks like he put a lot of time and effort into it and it clearly shows!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanx guys. Weather page is in the works...might not take as long as i thought. Just a side not(and i updated the first post to say this as well) i should have mentioned that this skin is meant to be full screen and is better enjoyed as the only today plugin. cause with a scroll bar it does not look the same. keep watching for updates. any suggestions are also welcomed. I'm willing to make customized versions as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

just a quick update on the weather page...it should not be much longer...a few weeks at most to get graphics made...the coding part i got figured out(i think) just gotta test and write it all out...keep checking back for more.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

just another quick update in case anyone is actually using/interested in this skin. finally got got the code for the weather page to do what i wanted it to do...just missing graphical part now...should be new version up soon...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

while playing around last night i discovered a few issues...expect a new version up over the weekend for sure...even if i can't included weather page yet to fix these bugs(mainly if mortscript is not installed and if you don't use the matrix font)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

weather page almost ready guys....got icons just gotta get them perfect...keep an eye out for update
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: UPDATED Sep-29-2008 Matrix RLToday Skin Now has weather page

new version up weather page added. see first post.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: UPDATED Sep-29-2008 Matrix RLToday Skin Now has weather page

SWEET!!!!!! Great work, that is a great looking weather page you made, fits the over-all theme like a glove!!!!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes