PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 11:26 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: (V)eGa's - How to create a basic theme - TUTORIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)eGa View Post
No The software on the phone is very different. These themes do work for Windows Mobile 6.5 because it does not have the TouchFlo2D or 3D. But for TF2/3D, you need to theme a lot more than a few files.
do you know of how to theme manilla files?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
do you know of how to theme manilla files?
No not yet. I do not think I will. If the latest rom of the 6.5 is correct, that whole interface goes away and regular .tsk files come back into play. They might be a new and improved .tsk released that would allow us to have special effects but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
No not yet. I do not think I will. If the latest rom of the 6.5 is correct, that whole interface goes away and regular .tsk files come back into play. They might be a new and improved .tsk released that would allow us to have special effects but I wouldn't hold my breathe.
If we could find a way to make nice WM 6.5 themes easy I would be incredibly happy I used to have my own 6.1 themes thanks to you but 6.5 theming is confusing as hell.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
If we could find a way to make nice WM 6.5 themes easy I would be incredibly happy I used to have my own 6.1 themes thanks to you but 6.5 theming is confusing as hell.
I attached my 6.5 screen. I just continue to use the same old themes I have been doing for the longest. Since I don't see a reason to upgrade to a Touch Pro yet (due to tooo many complaints about it being crap), I'd rather jump to an iphone 3GS and then keep a Mogul as a backup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MeGa's Screen.JPG (80.1 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
I attached my 6.5 screen. I just continue to use the same old themes I have been doing for the longest. Since I don't see a reason to upgrade to a Touch Pro yet (due to tooo many complaints about it being crap), I'd rather jump to an iphone 3GS and then keep a Mogul as a backup.
tht is very nice theme did you make it? I have no clue about how to make a 6.5 theme.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
tht is very nice theme did you make it? I have no clue about how to make a 6.5 theme.
That's actually a pre manilla theme. Back when we used to run HTC Home on the phones. In 6.5, since the interface is mostly just menus, the old themes work really good.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor

THis is pretty good stuff! THANKS!! i made my own theme thanks to you! even though its weird looking but thanks anyways!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

bristolcat is a n00b

Thanks for the tutorial! It was easy to make my own theme.

I do have a question, though. I recently upgraded from WM5 to WM6 and I can't stand looking at the glossy taskbars. Is there a way to make them solid colors or like WM5?

I tried UITweaker to do this, but it doesn't quite seem to "stick." And when it does work, there is a black line between the bar and the wallpaper that throws off the whole design, which I can't figure out how to deal with.

Any ideas? Thanks!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Vega, this seems to be an easy tutorial. I am going to try this finally.....

thanks for your hard work!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristolcat View Post
Thanks for the tutorial! It was easy to make my own theme.

I do have a question, though. I recently upgraded from WM5 to WM6 and I can't stand looking at the glossy taskbars. Is there a way to make them solid colors or like WM5?

I tried UITweaker to do this, but it doesn't quite seem to "stick." And when it does work, there is a black line between the bar and the wallpaper that throws off the whole design, which I can't figure out how to deal with.

Any ideas? Thanks!!
There is a way to force the WM5 bars. It's been a loooooong time since I used ThemeGENCE but give me a few days and I'll post a screenshot of what you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Vega, this seems to be an easy tutorial. I am going to try this finally.....

thanks for your hard work!!
Anytime Courtney. I've been a member for a loooong time and like most of the people here, I come to learn and to help the best I can.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes