PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like my Theme?
Yes 1,158 47.54%
No 69 2.83%
Havent tried it yet, but looks interesting. 1,209 49.63%
Voters: 2436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap10sg View Post
so since you didn set it up in landscape also then it wont worjk on my phone? also how do i set it u on to my phone still a little new to this site and stil trying to figure everything out. if you can or anbody can help me out a little i have some questions. i have a t-mobile wing phone and i want to change it to the iphone style or some other style.
Thanks Rap10sg
it'll still work on your phone, im sure you use your phone in portrait mode more often, so just goto wisbar desktop theme settings and make sure iPhone_Portrait is selected in the potrait tab options. I might go ahead and create a nice landscape version here soon... since it seems alot of people really do use landscape mode.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: verizon

amonra50 is a n00b
I've installed everything minus the dialer skin. Been using weatherpanal with phatphinger for awhile now so it was already loaded. The iphone WAD and WA3 skins are working perfectly on my xv6700 with the latest helmi wm6 kitchen rom installed. I like the iphone portrait display, it will most likely become my skin of choice for a while. I like how the calendar icon is setup to show the current date and day. The red circle icons that update to show your current sms count and missed calls are cool as well. Been busy setting up the games page and the more page.
Would really like to see a landscape version of this, I use landscape mode a ton, being a 6700 user, the screen goes to landscape whenever the hardware keyboard is opened. Landscape skin would make this iphone setup complete, everything is looking and working great so far. Thanks.

and read the readme file included folks, everything you need to know is already in there. There are step-by-step instructions through all of the installation procedures and descriptions of which options to check and uncheck in the settings menus so everything looks as intended.

Last edited by amonra50; 11-12-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
**v0.2 Update, Landscape added!**
**v0.2 Update Notes**
- Place the "iPhone_Landscape" folder in the "windows/themes/desktop" folder
A new landscape carbon springboard and landscape black background were added to the package of graphics in the Portrait folder. The landscape theme calls on the graphics in the portrait folder.
- For best results, change the phatphinger layout display to "Phat(240x320)+145.wpl". Since adding the landscape it doesnt fit quite right, this layout size looks good in both portrait and fits well in landscape.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Torx,

This looks great. I've been running Lazyboy's theme with WA3 and have been having a few issues... I can't seem to get the top bar to go black. I've been f'ing with it for a few days and can't get it to work. Honestly I'm tired of messing with it.

So I think I'll install yours and see what happens. It looks like you did it in WA3 so I'm not expecting any issues.

just 2 quick ?'s for you as I'm not sure I see the specifics in the readme

1) I assume your calendar button is dynamic and updates the date?
2) there was a guy posting somewhere (i've searched my ass off and can't find it) as to how to get the 73 to show the last updated temperature?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Threadstarter

yes, calendar is dynamic
no, wisbar products dont support weather information pulling. rltoday and itask have this ability though. i'll look more into it
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
is it necessary to uninstall lazyboy's theme first or can u have both using the same WAD and different Wisbar?

if so, how do you uninstall lazyboys theme?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
yes, calendar is dynamic
no, wisbar products dont support weather information pulling. rltoday and itask have this ability though. i'll look more into it

Thanks... I knew it was something different. I'm still convinced I saw it somewhere in one of my late night googling.

here's one for you.. I just installed your theme... Very easy btw.

here's the problem I had with Lazyboy's theme and now with yours. I'm sure it's something stupid I'm not doing.

See the top menu bar? How do I change that colour to black? Also - have you had any luck with getting your logo where the start is? it used to be called custom1_normal.png or something similar.

Last edited by daveedem; 11-12-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Also.. I like the larger image sizes over lazyboy's theme... his images were 40x40 -- yours are 51x51.

Very nice theme. and if the noobs all read the read me, they should have no problem.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
is it necessary to uninstall lazyboy's theme first or can u have both using the same WAD and different Wisbar?

if so, how do you uninstall lazyboys theme?
This assumes you already have WAD and WA3 on your device. If not then uninstall WA2 and WAD and follow the readme about installing WA3 and WAD again.

Since i already have them on my device here's what I did - still have LB's theme on here too.

Just take your themes folder... rename it themes_old.

Then create a new themes folder at the root, copy desktop folder from themes_old to the new folder and then paste torx's portrait and landscape folders in there.

Go to theme manager --- then desktop -- you'll see the 2 themes in there... landscape and portrait... choose them.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint.

bridgep0rt is a n00b
im looking @ the readme... but Im new to this and do I ahve to pay for each program?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes