PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (3D accelerated - TP/Diamond) [Trial included] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78386)

unr 08-07-2009 04:31 PM

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (3D accelerated - TP/Diamond) [Trial included]

1 Attachment(s)
[OVERVIEW]

I realize this is old news but I searched and there is no thread about this game here on ppcgeeks. The game looks great and it works best on medium settings (in options) but it does lag on high quality. If you guys missed this one... it's worth checking out.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 for Windows Mobile brings an adaptation of the highly successful PC version of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 to PDAs and other handheld devices.

[Screen Shots]

before 3D acceleration:
http://i40.tinypic.com/33wm9kw.png
after 3D acceleration:
http://i42.tinypic.com/c2rdd.png

[Supported Device Resolutions]

Works on my Diamond (VGA). I assume it will work fine on WVGA.

[Where to buy/Get trial]

[Instructions]

1. Download the trial and install on your ppc. *must install the software version of the game first*
2. Download the attached libgles_cl.zip, extract and place the extracted libgles_cl.dll into your install dir (delete/replace the existing one... if it's there)
2-B. You might have to delete the existing libgles_cl.dll from the install dir and place the downloaded one into your /Windows dir.
3. Enjoy the game, it's fully playable with medium quality setting. Lags on high setting but then it's full screen.

Made possible by the guys over at XDA, all credits go to them.

darren.wlsn1 08-07-2009 04:36 PM

Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (3D accelerated - TP/Diamond) [Trial included]

i have the full version and think it sux balls.

htcman724 08-07-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1087625)
i have the full version and think it sux balls.

lol darren tell us how you reslly feel.

darren.wlsn1 08-07-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcman724 (Post 1087649)
lol darren tell us how you reslly feel.

sux balls, im just madd cause i bought it. i follow hawk on twitter and saw pics of his new game(not ppc) and its insane, cant wait.

91ludesit 08-07-2009 08:09 PM

Is the sound choppy like Call of Duty 2?

Chris347101 08-07-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unr (Post 1087621)
[OVERVIEW]

1. Download the trial and install on your ppc.
2. Download the attached libgles_cl.zip, extract and place the extracted libgles_cl.dll into your install dir (delete/replace the existing one... if it's there)
2-B. You might have to delete the existing libgles_cl.dll from the install dir and place the downloaded one into your /Windows dir.
3. Enjoy the game, it's fully playable with medium quality setting. Lags on high setting but then it's full screen.

Made possible by the guys over at XDA, all credits go to them.

What is the install dir ?......" my device,program files, thps2"

I put the .dll file in that folder and did a soft reset and when i try to start the game, i get the error message "this is not a 3d accelerated device. Please install the software version for THPS2"

Thanks Chris

unr 08-08-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris347101 (Post 1088028)
What is the install dir ?......" my device,program files, thps2"

I put the .dll file in that folder and did a soft reset and when i try to start the game, i get the error message "this is not a 3d accelerated device. Please install the software version for THPS2"

Thanks Chris

By any chance did you install the hardware accelerated version? I forgot to add in the original post that you have to install the software version then replace that .dll

darren.wlsn1 08-08-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unr (Post 1088755)
By any chance did you install the hardware accelerated version? I forgot to add in the original post that you have to install the software version then replace that .dll

i hope your only posting the trial, its not a free game. i saw op says trial but doesnt look diff than my full version,how longs the trial your posting?

unr 08-08-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1088765)
i hope your only posting the trial, its not a free game. i saw op says trial but doesnt look diff than my full version,how longs the trial your posting?

If you follow the link in my original post it links to www.handango.com, and you download the trial from them. I bought the game and never used their trial so I don't know how long it lasts. I never actually shared any files for the game... it's all from handango "download trial" link. I take no responsibility for where that links takes you or what file you receive from it. If you want me to remove the link then I will.

Big Redneck3100 08-08-2009 08:06 PM

Good find, but im gonna wait till a newer one comes out, great post though for some of the younger users..