PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

Alright, here's my attempt at making this work. Many people have had issues with NFS (the g-sensor version) using the Diamond and even the TP.

This is only for WM6.5!

WARNING: Atleast in MysteryROM, the Start Menu gets screwed up after running the MortScript the 2nd time until you soft reset. This is related to switching to landscape and back to portrait. Maybe someone else can confirm in other ROMs.

Confirmed Working ROMs (please report your results):
-MysteryROM

1) You need a ROM with TF3D
2) You need to edit HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\ and change "Windows Default" to Windows Default (remove the quotes)
3) You need to install GAPI from here.
4) I'm using the attached Mortscript which:
-Rotates the screen to landscape
-Closes Titanium
-Starts TF3D
-Starts NFS Underground
5) When you're done with the game, run the script again to rotate it back to portrait, close TF3D, and open Titanium. Or you can edit one of the TF3D softkeys to run the mortscript again (HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila).

NOTES:
-If your NFS Underground is installed somewhere besides \Internal Storage\Program Files\NFS_Underground\ then you need to edit the Mortscript.
-It seems that you need the GAPI file installed, TF3D running, and use it in landscape mode.

I have no idea why this works, but if you're getting the insuffient memory error or a blank screen after selecting your sound settings, try this.
Attached Files
File Type: mscr NFS Undercover.mscr (667 Bytes, 154 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover Insufficient Memory Fix

thanks! i have the EA games working at the moment on my current rom, but i'm considering trying out mighty6, so i'll try this if i do... wonder if this workaround can be used for boom blox and monopoly?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

You can try editing the mortscript file and see. You should just have to change the path to the exe in the Run() command.

I'm not sure why NFS Undercover requires TF3D to run, but it has the same behavior on my Fuze. If I don't have that running then I'll get a blank screen after the sound selection.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.
Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.
Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.
Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.
... or just flash with rstoyguy's 6.5 ROM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

Quote:
That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.
Yes it is for the Touch Pro (CDMA) and it is for the G-sensor NFS game running TF3D in 6.5.

Last edited by x10guy; 07-09-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games