PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74193)

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 10:02 AM

NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here's my attempt at making this work. Many people have had issues with NFS (the g-sensor version) using the Diamond and even the TP.

This is only for WM6.5!

WARNING: Atleast in MysteryROM, the Start Menu gets screwed up after running the MortScript the 2nd time until you soft reset. This is related to switching to landscape and back to portrait. Maybe someone else can confirm in other ROMs.

Confirmed Working ROMs (please report your results):
-MysteryROM

1) You need a ROM with TF3D
2) You need to edit HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\ and change "Windows Default" to Windows Default (remove the quotes)
3) You need to install GAPI from here.
4) I'm using the attached Mortscript which:
-Rotates the screen to landscape
-Closes Titanium
-Starts TF3D
-Starts NFS Underground
5) When you're done with the game, run the script again to rotate it back to portrait, close TF3D, and open Titanium. Or you can edit one of the TF3D softkeys to run the mortscript again (HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila).

NOTES:
-If your NFS Underground is installed somewhere besides \Internal Storage\Program Files\NFS_Underground\ then you need to edit the Mortscript.
-It seems that you need the GAPI file installed, TF3D running, and use it in landscape mode.

I have no idea why this works, but if you're getting the insuffient memory error or a blank screen after selecting your sound settings, try this.

strra 07-09-2009 11:49 AM

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover Insufficient Memory Fix

thanks! i have the EA games working at the moment on my current rom, but i'm considering trying out mighty6, so i'll try this if i do... wonder if this workaround can be used for boom blox and monopoly?

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:03 PM

You can try editing the mortscript file and see. You should just have to change the path to the exe in the Run() command.

I'm not sure why NFS Undercover requires TF3D to run, but it has the same behavior on my Fuze. If I don't have that running then I'll get a blank screen after the sound selection.

x10guy 07-09-2009 01:17 PM

Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1024794)
Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.

Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.

x10guy 07-09-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1024817)
Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.

Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1024883)
Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.

Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.

x10guy 07-09-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1024898)
Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.

... or just flash with rstoyguy's 6.5 ROM.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 03:16 PM

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.

x10guy 07-09-2009 03:46 PM

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1025105)
That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.

Yes it is for the Touch Pro (CDMA) and it is for the G-sensor NFS game running TF3D in 6.5.