PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Scrobble 1.3 updated 2/12/09 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56036)

InvincibleLiving 02-02-2009 08:11 PM

Scrobble 1.3 updated 2/12/09

1 Attachment(s)
New Scrabble knock-off... enjoy!

Update Description:
v1.3 (11-02-2009):
- Fixed letter distribution issues (now includes the letter "Y"!)
- Modified CPU-Normal a bit (a tad easier maybe).
- You can now use the Game->Options menu to choose what dictionary you would like to use. (Note that this still uses the English distribution of letters and scores).
- Minor fixes and changes.
- Support for automatic notification of updates via DeviceUpdate. I tried to support AppToDate as well but I'm waiting on some answers from their forum about a that's needed to make it work.

Update Description:
v1.2 (03-02-2009):
- Fixed bug where CPU always uses 'Z' for their blanks, and sometimes plays words that are invalid.
- Fixed bug where game would crash if you place one letter to your move, take it back, then try to submit it.
- You can now drag the board around freely on sub-VGA res devices.
- Changed the amount that the board moves when using the d-pad, so it moves shorter distances at a time.
- Changed both NORM and HARD CPU players (speeding up their turns and changing the way they look for moves).

Scrobble Description

Scrobble is a port of the popular word game Scrabble for Windows Mobile.

Scrobble runs best on VGA-resolution displays, but it should also work on QVGA and WVGA displays. Use your device's d-pad to move the board around so you can see all of it.

Notes
- Scrobble plays exactly the same as Scrabble, with the following differences:
... During the initial drawing of letters, Scrobble ensures that no player will draw all consonants or all vowels.
... There are no "challenges" (where one player states another player's word is not in the dictionary, and the word is then looked up to verify). All words created must be in the Scrobble dictionary. If they are not, the player must modify their move until all words created in the move are valid. Players can use the Look Up Word tool to check as many words as they wish. If they cannot make a valid move then they must pass their turn, or turn in all letters for 7 new ones and pass their turn.
... You can play with up to 4 players.
... Players can only exchange all of their letters at once (there are no partial exchanges where a player chooses only some of their letters to turn in for new ones).
... At the end of the game, any unused letters in a player's tray count against that player's final score, but do -not- count -towards- the score of the player who went out first (which is the case in Scrabble).

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/img2/scrobble.jpg

For more information please check the developer web site

Download Scrobble free for Windows Mobile Pocket PC

upperblack 02-05-2009 08:11 PM

Re: Scrobble 2/2/09

thanks for this one! i love scrabble!

InvincibleLiving 02-06-2009 01:41 PM

Yeah i really like how this plays on my device... it's a keeper for me now.

WanderingMinstrel 02-06-2009 03:44 PM

Very cool! Thanks. A keeper for me too.

InvincibleLiving 02-06-2009 05:33 PM

no problem...

crd22 02-06-2009 10:55 PM

Works for me on my XV6900.
I only have two problems with it: 1. Some of the words the cpu uses are questionable, even if they may be in the "Scrobble dictionary". 2. Only part of the board is shown, so I have to scroll with the dpad to view it all. The 1.2 Update makes it a lot easier to scroll now.

kaeslumz 02-06-2009 10:59 PM

nice game bro thx! keeps me thinking!

InvincibleLiving 02-08-2009 11:16 AM

Re: Scrobble 1.2 updated 2/7/09

bump - 1st post updated with version 1.2 (2-7-09)

enjoy!

hibby50 02-08-2009 11:17 AM

my g-ma would do anything for this...

InvincibleLiving 02-08-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 698514)
my g-ma would do anything for this...

ANYTHING?? lol