PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   nes emulator with onscreen controller (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38914)

big20ugly 09-28-2008 07:40 PM

nes emulator with onscreen controller

part of the reason why i bought my touch was because it looked clean without a bunch of buttons. now that i have discovered the magic of emulators, i think this is a detriment.

what emulator would you guys recommend that has an onscreen controller that functions smoothly? would an snes emulator work with nes roms?

Oxymoron238 09-28-2008 08:27 PM

Re: nes emulator with onscreen controller

1 Attachment(s)
I have an HTC Touch as well, and the one I recommend is Pocketnester. It has an on-screen controller, and it even has a separate button for pressing A+B at the same time. I think you'll like it.

gullzway 09-28-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 437889)
I have an HTC Touch as well, and the one I recommend is Pocketnester. It has an on-screen controller, and it even has a separate button for pressing A+B at the same time. I think you'll like it.

Trying this out with zelda & Super Mario. Had to uncheck GAPI in graphics to prevent an error when opening Rom's, which disables Full Screen??

Also I don't see any options for ON SCREEN controller. Just a controller setup screen that allows you to asign buttons. Please explain how tio get this program working well, Thanks!!

Oxymoron238 09-28-2008 10:38 PM

Okay, I tried that one, and apparently, it's different from the one I have. It didn't play any of my games.

Try this one.. It's an .exe file, so you'll need your desktop/laptop to install it.

To get the on-screen controller, just use the fullscreen option. The controller should be there when you start the game.

gullzway 09-28-2008 10:59 PM

Much Better! Thanks for the Help.

One last question: Does this work in landscape mode or just portrait?

Oxymoron238 09-29-2008 01:15 AM

I think it's portrait only. I just tried it in landscape, and it took longer to load a rom (which eventually played in portrait mode).

So yeah, I think it's just portrait.

And btw, thanks for the thanks! :D

gullzway 09-30-2008 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this one that works in Landscape mode, but no onscreen controls. A little hard to play with the Touch's limited buttons.

Its a .cab that installs tgetfile.dll which allows you to open ROM's in any directory.

gullzway 09-30-2008 01:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one with Onscreen controller that looks like a classis NES controller. Works good and with all the ROM's I have tried. (No landscape mode, however.)

It's called Poke'Nes

big20ugly 09-30-2008 11:20 PM

kickarse!!

Thanks man! btw, how do you turn on the onscreen controller? If I go to Options and then to Controllers it lets me assign buttons on my vogue but nothing about the actual controller.

Nevermind. i figured it out.

I am having issues playing punch out. when i try to punch to the face (up arrow and b or a) it wont jump up. when i play contra i found out that i can't press a movement button with an action button. if im running and hit b to shoot, the character stops moving, shoots, and then starts running again. is that they way it is or can i change a setting?

gullzway 10-01-2008 01:03 AM

I noticed it works better if you use the RING around the Dpad for movement and the on screen A and B buttons!