PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[games] Worms '07 or '08 for mogul/6800/titan

It may seem a bit frivolous to start a thread about the game Worms, but it is one of my favorite mobile games and i have searched high and low for compatible versions with no luck.

The last version that works on my mogul is Worms World Party. Which is still a great game to have installed on your phone.

There are 2 newer versions out(Worms 2007 and Worms 2008. Unfortunately, they don't appear to support the Sprint Mogul. I was wondering if there are any Worms fans out there that may have found a patch or version of Worms 2007 or Worms 2008 that works with the mogul?

It is pretty frustrating to know that 2 new versions of the game are out while being restricted to an old version.

thanks a lot.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

painkillaz is a n00b
Re: [games] Worms '07 or '08 for mogul/6800/titan

where did you find worms world party for your mogul? I love that game but I don't know where to find it for a ppc
Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

oh man. to be honest, i am not sure where i ended up finding it. I went on a full blown mission to find a version of Worms that worked. Eventually, i found WWP which happened to work on my mogul(i do not think the mogul was listed as being compatible). I will try to remember and get back to you.

Recently(over the past few days) i tried purchasing Worms 2008 from www.thqwireless.com. Although the mogul is not listed, i was going to try one of the other HTC models(only a $10 risk or so). It sent me a text message with a link to manage.sprintpcs.com. Unfortunately, when i click this link it says that there is nothing to download. I haven't been charged, but i wondered why nothing shows up.

I did find a version of Worms 2007 and 2008 that are jar files. But of course the default esmertec app failed to initialize either one of them. Soooo i began looking at other JVM applications hoping that a different one might run these particular jar files. That is where i am now.

Has anyone experimented with other JVM apps when esmertec has trouble with certain jar files?

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

thanks a million.

Last edited by TheShade001; 08-25-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I'm gonna move this to the Games Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yikes. sorry about that. I did not see the games section.

here is a link to Worms World Party for those who haven't found it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23671&page=4

Last edited by TheShade001; 08-25-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So is Worms World Party the only version anyone has found for the mogul?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Droobie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Droobie Send a message via MSN to Droobie Send a message via Yahoo to Droobie

It's the only version I've found. It worked well for me 'til I flipped open the phone and put it in landscape mode in the menus. The screen flipped, but the placement of the on screen menus acted as though they were still in the portrait location.

The game is fun, though - just like playing on the PC for the most part.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games