PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cricket

catman25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Best games for the Vogue. Please be a part of this :)

i just recently flashed my touch. i love snails Its touch screen game like worms. . I also have a ton of games for java but they rely heavily on button usage and thats one thing the vogue/touch doesnt have . im really interested in story games.. Like you get really involved in the story line verses just going around and blowing stuff up. Maybe every one can give a game title that they love and maybe define what games they want and we all can be a little group of game swapping buddies.. i know lame silent hill for pocket is good but maybe a little too screen still ... u know..
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started
Re: Best games for the Vogue. Please be a part of this :)

If you're looking for story games, then you're looking for RPGs. There are quite a bit out, but even for RPGs, there are genres - such as sci-fi, adventure, etc. Some good ones could be Tradewinds, Arvale, etc. What are you looking for exactly? You can also search on Handango for specific games.

I personally enjoy those casual quick games like Bejeweled 2 and Brain Evolution.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker

Meanpooh is a n00b

Im going to say Nanobotz, Azgard Defence and The Orions collection. These games are AWESOME!

http://www.pocketmoregames.com/
Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

I prefer strategy type games. ie Pocket War, etc.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catman25 is a n00b

brain evolution is good but usually endw with me being angry with myself for being dumb. I like half life 2 for pc. not so much kill kill kill but more like small simples puzzle alot of characteer interaction and a great story line ./i love good story lines.. something to keep me occupied and involved.. Sorta like lara croft
Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Telus

h311boy is keeping up the good workh311boy is keeping up the good work

the game that i would strongly recommend to your type of preferences is The Quest!!!. It has an in-depth storyline, amazing graphics and game play. For something quicker (like on the bus or subway) you can try Final Battle. Its not as graphical as the quest, but it has a deep storyline.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

I really wish we would see some better games for the PPC. Port some PSP games over! My current favorite is Duke3d ported over to PPC. Some JAVA games are good. Like Command & Conquer 3, Street Fighter 2, Stalker and a few more. Here try some of these: http://rapidshare.com/files/138086958/java_apps.rar
Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

A really fun game I found is called 3D Lawn Darts. It uses the camera on the touch to allow a realistic throwing simulation of the darts. You literally swing your arm with phone in hand as if you were throwing a real lawn dart. There is a free trial version of the game online. You can play about 3 or 4 rounds against an opponent or the computer for free on the trial "backyard" scene. It's not story based as the OP asked for, but this is a very fun game.

Link: http://www.concretesoftware.com/prod...awndarts.shtml

Another game I love, also not story based, is called Pocket Sand. This is also an addicting game, although I over played it. There's absolutely no purpose to it. If you're interested in trying it check it out here:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Ga...nd-25068.shtml
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g

rockyjay79 is just getting started
Smile Re: Best games for the Vogue. Please be a part of this :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman25 View Post
i just recently flashed my touch. i love snails Its touch screen game like worms. . I also have a ton of games for java but they rely heavily on button usage and thats one thing the vogue/touch doesnt have . im really interested in story games.. Like you get really involved in the story line verses just going around and blowing stuff up. Maybe every one can give a game title that they love and maybe define what games they want and we all can be a little group of game swapping buddies.. i know lame silent hill for pocket is good but maybe a little too screen still ... u know..

There are several ports of PC story/puzzle games available. I know Riven: the sequel to Myst is out there, as well as Syberia 2. I know that Syberia is designed to be played exclusively with the stylus, so no worries about not having a keyboard.

Here's a link that has a few under Adventure games

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...enture%20Games
Old 08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catman25 is a n00b

syberia looks like my kinda game im addicted to touch games or games that can utilize the stylus . I love all the suggestions and hope to see more.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games