PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   C&C 3 & Starcraft Mobile?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29513)

buddhatikkigod 06-17-2008 05:39 PM

C&C 3 & Starcraft Mobile?!

Hey guys... i was just looking for some stuff on porting the original C&C to my PPC... i hear they've had limited success but that was on the older PPCs back in 04, so maybe i'll have more luck anyone who knows anything on getting it running for my 6700 i will LOVE YOU.

But anyways in my search i came across this on ea's site.

From the screen shots ive seen im not that impressed but i do want to try it. Next theirs Starcraft Mobile... which im not so sure is a port of Starcraft but some game that maybe plays like Starcraft.

Was Starcraft a DOS game? i think it was. Anyone with any luck porting it?

ROKWELL 06-17-2008 06:19 PM

Re: C&C 3 & Starcraft Mobile?!

ive been playing warcraft II on my vogue for a few days now! its pretty good! starcraft is being done as a homebrew type of thing i think?!?! stratagus or something like that!

buddhatikkigod 06-18-2008 11:38 AM

hey how did you get warcraft running on your PPC? You used Pocketdos right?

Knether 06-18-2008 11:43 AM

On the site I don think its a ppc application all the phones they show are just standard BREW enabled phones I think.

ROKWELL 06-18-2008 12:39 PM

naw, i dont think warcraft II is a pocket dos game!? i could be wrong though! i could pm you a rapidshare link when i get home if you want!
AOE is pretty good too! its a rts tho!

grondinm 06-18-2008 12:45 PM

well that sucks...i was going to get C&C 3 but it wont let me cause i live in canada...tells me to go to some do more menu on my phone but i don't have that...

buddhatikkigod 06-18-2008 01:07 PM

Ok so its a .jar game? im trying to get .jar Java games to run... im having trouble with a Midlet player though...

buddhatikkigod 06-18-2008 04:22 PM

grondimm i'll send it to you if you want.... pm me. But im missing something..i have a bunch of .jar games and ive tried using both Esmertec JBED and MIDLET Manager and i cant get them to run... i always get some stupid error message. Is it not possible to run?

Also from what ive read on PocketDos it only emulates an X186 cpu!! it cant do a 386 or 486 because of protected mode... i really dont think C&C will run on anything less then a 486. I spent hours getting the files and trying to get it to run without a cd and im just stuck.

randomoto 07-19-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROKWELL (Post 318462)
naw, i dont think warcraft II is a pocket dos game!? i could be wrong though! i could pm you a rapidshare link when i get home if you want!
AOE is pretty good too! its a rts tho!

any chance that I can get a link to warcraft as well?

furrycnorm 07-27-2008 05:38 PM

hey I had a question: i am trying to get wc2 to work on my titan, what am i missing? I have the original dos game, used wargus on my pc and put all those files on my sd card. when i try and open the strategus file from that folder it says invalid file type since its an .exe what am i missing here? sorry if this a dumb question but I cant figure it out. Thanks!