PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: AT&T

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OneSpot Games : Electronia

Hey Guys,
So for awhile now I have been working on developing a few games (namely for the Palm OS) but I will be supporting PPC soon enough. I wanted to shoot a few screen shots to this community to see what kind of reactions I get to the game.

There are 3 modes of play, Classic, Arcade, and Strategic.
Classic Mode: The playing field (grid) is filled with tiles, these tiles need to be rotated in order to make an unbroken connection from a charged outlet, to an uncharged bulb. Sound easy?
Once you form a connection, all tiles linked to that connection are destroyed. The lights linked to in a valid connection are turned on, while all lights not in the connection are turned off (if they were on previously) allowing you to reuse those lights. New blocks fall in to replace the "destroyed" blocks. To advance to the next level, simply turn on the number of bulbs in the To Go score.

Still sound easy? Oh did I mention you have a timer working against you that slowly turns off all of the outlets (plugs) on the left side, giving you less and less possible sources as the timer wears down until eventually you have none left and lose from lack of time? Oh, I didnt? Must have slipped my mind! Haha!

Arcade Mode: The bottom 3 rows of the playing field (grid) is filled with random blocks. Blocks slowy drop from the top of the playing field (ala tetris) and, like tetris you can rotate these blocks before droping them. Game concept is the same as Classic Mode, to try and turn on as many lights as you can by forming a link from plug to bulb, (however there is no timer) and you cannot rotate the blocks once you have droped them. The game is lost once there is no room for any new blocks to drop. (this shouldnt be too confusing, its the standard tetris style with the Electronia twist)

Gambit Mode: Similar to Classic Mode in gameplay, however, you _never_ advance to a "next" level. The purpose of this mode is to see how many lights you can turn on before you eventually (because you will eventually) run out of time. However, unlike Classic Mode, whenever you turn on two or more lights you gain more time (and if you gain enough time, some plugs that were turned off, will turn back on)

It plays somewhat like "Rocket Mania" but offers three modes of play and longer-gameplay possibilities.

If I get a good reaction - I will port it to PPC shortly after the Palm release. I will have a website to go to and what-not in the near future.

Need Games for Your PPC? [Click Here]
All tested and used with the Titan (PPC6800) Mogul.

I am a Sprint/Nextel Representative. Feel free to message me with questions or concerns.
----
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Re: OneSpot Games : Electronia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4P2KbU8hpQ - This shows gameplay of Classic Mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-T5jp2F0mw - This shows gameplay of Arcade Mode.

gameplay video!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

cool game. keep up the good work!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I would be interested in a PPC version of this!!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Working on it... few months it should be out.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradynapier View Post
Working on it... few months it should be out.
Sounds good to me!! (will this have 240x240 compatibility?)
Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

this game looks really good. i'd love to get it
Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the game is being reprogrammed for 320x320 (palm resolutions) right now.. It will be ported to 320x320 windows mobile (palm) and then to QVGA. I will look into a new version that will do your even lower resolutions - but thats really small! haha

The game will sell for $19.99 with a $5 off coupon to any/all community or forum members we promote to. Purchase automatically enrolls you in the possibility of beta tests of future games (the more you buy the better chance you have) and future coupons when games come out... we plan to release games to past buyers at up to 50% off.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games