PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower
Windows phone7 call of duty Xbox live play on phone against Xbox players

Amazing what windows phone7 is capable of. You can play call of duty on your windows phone7 against players on Xbox live. Thats truely amazing !!! I cant wait for windows phone7!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wp7 Call of Duty Modern Warfare.jpg (277.1 KB, 334 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by pixelpower; 03-12-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight
Re: Windows phone7 call of duty Xbox live play on phone against Xbox players

Yes everyone is thrilled for WP7S, however I think that you posted this in the wrong forum. There is a WP7S forum already in place herehttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Amazing what windows phone7 is capable of. You can play call of duty on your windows phone7 against players on Xbox live. Thats truely amazing !!! I cant wait for windows phone7!!
WOW! That's pretty awesome! I can't wait for the release, I just hope Sprint gets a sweet WP7 debut device, but I'm sure they'll all be pretty great with MS standards in place...
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

There is no way that will happen....especially with call of duty.. or any other high frame rate game... maybe XBLA games NEVER for a full game
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
There is no way that will happen....especially with call of duty.. or any other high frame rate game... maybe XBLA games NEVER for a full game
After doing some reading, it seems that this IS the plan according to MS. We will have to see if they actually pull it off...
Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
Well they better cause thats what they are promising. To be on safe side since I program games myself I do a port of an Xbox game to my touchpro2 and see what happens then I post the results.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

and i produce them....

so not only can you not port a 60 Frame per second game and make it playable.. there is not way to incorporate multiplayer (also the bandwidth needed would suck for phone companies)... also the hard drives would need to be huge...
Old 03-12-2010, 03:34 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO on multiplayer gaming on Windows Phone 7

HERE TOO!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 03-12-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

thanks for the links

LOL

wow i really want to be gaming with high latency!! i hope i can get a 1000ms ping so i can shoot at laggy ghosts on my phone!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah most that stuff is about XNA studio 4.0 which is what is used to create Xbox live arcade games... which themselves are great.. but need no where near the hardware requirements of the games like call of duty that you pay 60$ for... Now there are even more games coming to phones that look amazing. such as Epic studios (gears of war) porting their unreal engine to Iphone. and I am sure that epic has already done that for windows phone 7 as well... but the idea of playing really elaborate first person shooters on xbox live against other people playing on actual xboxs is just not a good idea for a few reasons the first being that there is no pausing an online match to take a phone call, so people on consoles are just going to rack in the kills when ur signal drops or anything causes you to not pay attention...Also I dont know how much time some people spend online playing games like call of duty or any games really, but you can tell when your opponets connection is not up to par... and you definately know when your connections slows..

I really think that this is a great thing for the XNA community, which already has a large collection of community made content and indie games. Not to mention the great games already on XBLA.. I just think that is where it ends... Call of duty, gears of war, every major online game you play would be next to unplayable when frame rates and lag come into play....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Tags
call of duty, windows phone7, wp7, wp7genisis