PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower
Re: Windows phone7 call of duty Xbox live play on phone against Xbox players

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
and i produce them....

so not only can you not port a 60 Frame per second game and make it playable.. there is not way to incorporate multiplayer (also the bandwidth needed would suck for phone companies)... also the hard drives would need to be huge...
I like meeting other developers and getting thier opinion. You said you produce games. What games have you produced? I made mostly freeware like pac-mario,spacewars,phaserX,rexum,supermariogun2,etc. You can find my freeware games here and at www.krenisiswinmobilegamesapps.com
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I work for SEGA, so its pretty much all console games and some handheld DS and PSP stuff. But I worked on AVP, Bayonetta, Iron Man 1, and I have a few titles coming out this year.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:42 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Threadstarter

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
I work for SEGA, so its pretty much all console games and some handheld DS and PSP stuff. But I worked on AVP, Bayonetta, Iron Man 1, and I have a few titles coming out this year.
Thats fantastic can you post a demo cab of your work here?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

not one game i have worked on has a cab.... you can buy anyone of them at any place that sells games though...
Old 03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Amazing what windows phone7 is capable of. You can play call of duty on your windows phone7 against players on Xbox live. Thats truely amazing !!! I cant wait for windows phone7!!
I'm sorry to tell you but thats just a bad COD 4 screenshot photoshopped (badly at that) on to that Microsoft Demo phone from MWC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikazetatsu View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but thats just a bad COD 4 screenshot photoshopped (badly at that) on to that Microsoft Demo phone from MWC
So your saying Microsoft is lying about multiplayer phone vs Xbox. So what your also saying is the youtube video out with indiana jones on windows phone7 online against Xbox is fake also?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Threadstarter

Well there are tons of photos online with games supposed to be on windows phone7. I myself will try to port some very small demo of it onto my device and see if it can handle the intense onscreen action. That way no one can see its not real because they be playing it on thier device. Its nothing big and Iam calm I was just asking him a question. I will work on it now and I"ll PM you REDD when I finish ,but it might take couple of days . Maybe I can knock it out today if Iam not too busy we"ll see.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikazetatsu View Post
Ok I did a port myself just to see if you can put it on windows mobile. You think its fake try it on your phone now its here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114060
You can play it on your phone now. That will prove its not photo shopped if its on your phone. But I learned a big lesson because you,redd,and others keep doupted stuff I post and even those this time I ported a demo of the game to prove myself....Iam not going to do it all the time because its ridiculous and silly. I probaly just stick to putting stuff I find on my own website cause people like to accuse when they have no proof of what thier saying in the 1st place. Peace
Old 03-14-2010, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Ok I did a port myself just to see if you can put it on windows mobile. You think its fake try it on your phone now its here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114060
You can play it on your phone now. That will prove its not photo shopped if its on your phone. But I learned a big lesson because you,redd,and others keep doupted stuff I post and even those this time I ported a demo of the game to prove myself....Iam not going to do it all the time because its ridiculous and silly. I probaly just stick to putting stuff I find on my own website cause people like to accuse when they have no proof of what thier saying in the 1st place. Peace
you did well with the port... but that should prove to you that they cant port a full xbox 360 game to a phone and also that playing against people that are playing on a console would not be fair or fun.... ya know props on the effort but i think you should take a look at xna studio that can build games for xbox live arcade that is what microsoft is going to put windows phone 7 not full 60 dollar retail version of call of duty or any other 60 dollar game.

it just wont work. not only would it not be possible to play a shooter againstsomeone on a console but the proccessing power of a phone can not handlea 360 game and it would kill the battery very quickly take up more than 5 gigs of space on the phone and the controls would put u at a disadvantage to console gamers.also they wont port original xbox games to the phones either for the same reasons anlso they have shut down all the original xbox servers... so like i said take a look at xna studio that is what you can expect.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Threadstarter

Yes I did the port and just that 1 screen actually took 2MB of memory mainly because of the graphics that were taken from Xbox engine. I avoided slowdown and I was able to have alot of onscreen action with no slowdown. That was the positive.
The negative is if I made a full game it would have been maybe 300-400MB lol, which is insane.
I had fun doing it and yes I doupt heavy that microsoft can make a full game using high res. graphics.If so we going to have huge games to
download , hopefully we get 4G internet by then.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Tags
call of duty, windows phone7, wp7, wp7genisis