PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900

big20ugly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nes emulator with onscreen controller

part of the reason why i bought my touch was because it looked clean without a bunch of buttons. now that i have discovered the magic of emulators, i think this is a detriment.

what emulator would you guys recommend that has an onscreen controller that functions smoothly? would an snes emulator work with nes roms?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: nes emulator with onscreen controller

I have an HTC Touch as well, and the one I recommend is Pocketnester. It has an on-screen controller, and it even has a separate button for pressing A+B at the same time. I think you'll like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PocketNester_x50v.zip (144.0 KB, 791 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
I have an HTC Touch as well, and the one I recommend is Pocketnester. It has an on-screen controller, and it even has a separate button for pressing A+B at the same time. I think you'll like it.
Trying this out with zelda & Super Mario. Had to uncheck GAPI in graphics to prevent an error when opening Rom's, which disables Full Screen??

Also I don't see any options for ON SCREEN controller. Just a controller setup screen that allows you to asign buttons. Please explain how tio get this program working well, Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, I tried that one, and apparently, it's different from the one I have. It didn't play any of my games.

Try this one.. It's an .exe file, so you'll need your desktop/laptop to install it.

To get the on-screen controller, just use the fullscreen option. The controller should be there when you start the game.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Much Better! Thanks for the Help.

One last question: Does this work in landscape mode or just portrait?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I think it's portrait only. I just tried it in landscape, and it took longer to load a rom (which eventually played in portrait mode).

So yeah, I think it's just portrait.

And btw, thanks for the thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
VFW Member

Found this one that works in Landscape mode, but no onscreen controls. A little hard to play with the Touch's limited buttons.

Its a .cab that installs tgetfile.dll which allows you to open ROM's in any directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SN PocketNesterPlus D.zip (230.3 KB, 264 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
VFW Member

Here is one with Onscreen controller that looks like a classis NES controller. Works good and with all the ROM's I have tried. (No landscape mode, however.)

It's called Poke'Nes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (13.2 KB, 397 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip pnes-1b3b-arm.zip (54.9 KB, 536 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 09-30-2008 at 01:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Threadstarter

big20ugly is a n00b

kickarse!!

Thanks man! btw, how do you turn on the onscreen controller? If I go to Options and then to Controllers it lets me assign buttons on my vogue but nothing about the actual controller.

Nevermind. i figured it out.

I am having issues playing punch out. when i try to punch to the face (up arrow and b or a) it wont jump up. when i play contra i found out that i can't press a movement button with an action button. if im running and hit b to shoot, the character stops moving, shoots, and then starts running again. is that they way it is or can i change a setting?

Last edited by big20ugly; 09-30-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
VFW Member

I noticed it works better if you use the RING around the Dpad for movement and the on screen A and B buttons!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games