PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Imagio or omnia 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99746)

maxtcee 12-02-2009 12:35 PM

Imagio or omnia 2

whats up guys just came back from big red and saw the omnia 2 is out after playing with it for about 20 min and me comming from the i910 i started having flashbacks of the old touch screen and the omnia looks bulky also the resolution doesnt look as clear as the imagio although it didnt impress me much i think in the long run there will be alot more custom roms avaliable then the imagio as for omnia 2 is wolrdwide and imagio is only usa just wanted to know what your input might be as for my 30 days are almost up thanks

HTCexy 12-02-2009 03:32 PM

Re: Imagio or omnia 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1379813)
whats up guys just came back from big red and saw the onmia 2 is out after playing with it for about 20 min and me comming from the i910 i started having flashbacks of the old touch screen and the omnia looks bulky also the resolution doesnt look as clear as the imagio although it didnt impress me much i think in the long run there will be alot more custom roms avaliable then the imagio as for omnia 2 is wolrwide and imagio is only usa just wanted to know what your input might be as for my 30 days are almost up thanks

I like the Omnia 2 a lot but I cant get myself to stray from the HTC logo.

Survivalism 12-02-2009 03:40 PM

I am going to go into a VZW store soon to play with an omnia 2, the hardware changes are making me want to switch.

untitled 12-03-2009 05:27 AM

Gizmodo recommends Imagio over Omnia II

http://gizmodo.com/5417413/samsung-omnia-ii-review

Here's the relevant part:

Quote:

At the $200 price point, it's hard to recommend anything else but the Droid on Verizon's network—it's their clear flagship, and it's an extremely capable phone. But even if you're specifically set on buying a Windows Mobile phone, there are better options, like the HTC Imagio, which benefits from HTC's vastly better TouchFlo or "Sense" UI overhaul, or even the Touch Pro2, which despite having Windows Mobile 6.1 (which you can probably just upgrade yourself) offers a much more pleasant experience. Because unless you replace the software entirely, a pleasant experience is miles from what you'll be having with an Omnia II in your pocket.

Shemmy 12-04-2009 08:21 AM

I recently returned my Imagio for an Omnia II. My Imagio was a replacement for the original Omnia (i910), and as nice as the Imagio is, I found myself missing some aspects of the Omnia: namely the internal 8GB of storage and the camera features. For me, the choice was a good one, as I am happier with my Omnia II than I was with my Imagio. I definitely feel like Samsung did a better job of "deep" skinning than HTC. With the Imagio, once I went into most of my settings, I was dealing with the vanilla Windows interface. On the Omnia, Samsung managed to skin even the settings. With all my digging, I have not been able to find the vanilla Windows interface (I don't mean the Titanium home screen).

Most of the complaints of lag that I've seen on reviews are probably due to two things: not properly closing the applications, and leaving the CPU settings on "auto". Yes, the Omnia II allows you to choose performance profiles. If you don't leave a ton of apps open and you have the performance profile set to high, the phone flies. You can disable the TouchWiz UI to save on RAM without actually seeing any difference in the interface. I have TouchWiz turned off and I'm running the Widget home screen without any performance issues. If you're a Mobile Shell person, it's very nice on the Omnia II

This is my personal opinion, based off what I want out of a smartphone. Your mileage may vary.

TecFX 12-06-2009 01:02 AM

Shemmy, you are my new friend! I am in the same, exact situation. I was loving my original Omnia. However, I bought a new car and the Omnia would not connect with it. Hence, I bounced to the Imagio. I am praying the Omnia II work with my car (Mercedes-Benz GL 450, in case someone has had the same problem). If it does, I will be back to the Omnia. Here is how I break it down.

1. I am a Mobile Shell person, so the interfaces mean nothing to me; v3.5 of MB is awesome!
2. The 8GB internal storage is a big deal, even though I scored a free 16GB card from Verizon (don't as how)
3. Flash on the camera is a big deal; one of those things you do not realize how good it is until you have it, then lose it; the Imagio 5MP camera would be awesome if I had not already come from the Omnia with Flash (and flashlight for that matter)
4. The fact that I can put it in my back pocket and not have it turm on because ALL of the buttons can turn on the dang screen
5. Except for landscape, it doesn't look like I will have to hack the Omnia II as much as I did the Imagio

If the Omnia II works with my car I think the only thing I will miss is the stylus being hooked on the side of the phone. I used ot use it as a way to secure the phone in my hand.

Wish me luck. I am going in to VZW tomorrow!

TecFX 12-07-2009 09:57 AM

OK, so went out and traded my Imagio for an Omnia. This could be a big mistake and I might go back. I am experiencing the lag everyone had been mentioning. In addition, I am having the wierdest problem with email popping up whenever it goes out to check for messages. Something else I noticed is the finctionality of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 is stunted. On the Imagio when you used the carousel, it would snap into position. On the Omnia II it seems to keep spinning and this makes it hard to control.

How can a phone with a fater processor move slower than the Imagio? CAn someone pelase give me that lesson. I was quite happy with the Imagio, but thought the Omnia would be all the better given the processor speed and everything else I stated above. NOT!!!

I may be back folks! This is CRAZY. Has anyone else got any feedback?!

pesok 12-07-2009 10:03 PM

people with Omnia2 that had HTC Imagio(or TP2) - is it true that screen on O2 is worse of quality(specs seem good)?