PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eris vs Omnia II

So in terms of specs, quality(call and sound), screen quality, and feel/durability which is better? I know the Omnia has the larger screen, but thats not a key factor, and neither is looks is a wash. Samsung will also have the better SQ(sound Q) vs the Eris so that always a plus. However, what really turns me off is the fact that Omnia is $200 bucks, which makes me think, at that price I should just go Moto Droid. If it was $150 I'd be more certain about getting the Omnia II. So that lead me to the Eris which is price right at $100, which give it a bonus there. So the Omnia II has 8gb of space and a microsd card slot, and it runs WM, which I am familiar with. However, the Eris has Android and possibly a better interface, not to mention upgrade ability is better on Android vs WM, i.e. I can upgrade the Eris to a newer version of Android, but with the Omnia II I am limited to WM6.5.x as the latest OS ans I am pretty sure it wont be WM7 compatible(?). I know the Omnia II comes with an AMOELD screen but is it really that much better than the Eris' screen? Any ideas/help would be cool. Thanks.

Last edited by battlemac; 11-20-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

battlemac is a n00b
Re: Eris vs Omnia II

Anyone.....what about the original Omnia? I notice that it is going for like $15 bucks is that still a good phone? Specially if you can install WM 6.5 on it? I know it does not have 3.5mm headphone jack, or multitouch or AMOLED, but I can live with out it? Or should I be looking at the Omnia II or Eris still?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio & Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

TecFX is a n00b
Re: Eris vs Omnia II

I came from the original Omnia and loved it. That is why I wanted the Omnia II so badly. However, my friend, who happens to be a salesman at VZW, told me the Omnia was garbage when he got back from training. I thought he was kidding, but he was quite serious. Hence, I bought the Imagio. I waa quite happy with it save a few things that are clearly turning out to be quite minor.

I went out and traded in my Imagio (that only took a day and a half to tweak it the way I wanted) for the overly long awaited Omnia II.

I am experiencing big time lag on the Omnia II. What is it that racecar drivers say: it is not about the engine, it's about the driver. Yeah, faster processor on paper has a lag that makes it run slower than the Imagio? uh, can we say not good?! I will most likely pop back over to my slower processor Imagio in a day or two (especially if no one can answer my question on why email keeps popping up on the screen of the Omnia just because it is checking email; that interrupted my friggin' game!). LOL

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison