PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
treo pro vs intrepid

Hey guys
So my contract is almost up and it's pretty much between these 2 phones
I see that you guys have a review sticky but it's slightly outdated and really need the latest stuff before making my decision.

I see that there is a really devoted group of people using the pro and helping eachother out like acid and if I should get this phone I will obviously be flashing to 6.5 and doing a lot of modding.

Could you guys give me the major complaints about this phone and what I need to know before getting it and complaining about them (post flash w/ no other adjustments since that's as far as i've gotten in reading).

I know it has a crummy-decent screen and poor amount of ram. Some consider the keyboard not so great.

The more specific about the bugs and glitches the better
Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: pro vs intrepid

The Treo Pro has been out for a while and is probably near its end of life. The Intrepid is fairly new (came out in 2009), but since its a Samsung, I don't believe its been unlocked for custom ROMs. Since the Treo Pro was made by HTC, you can flash custom ROMs to it in case you don't like the stock ROM.

I haven't used an Intrepid, but I have a Treo Pro and its an overall good phone.

I would also consider price. Since the Treo Pro has been out for a while, it should be quite a bit cheaper than the newer Intrepid.

I'm moving this to the Phone Comparison forums.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison