PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Pro vs. Vzn Pro vents!

Ok...... I made this thread soo ppl stop flaming other threads about how hidious vzn pro is and visa versa. so to start it off I wanna say that VZN does have excellent CS and pretty good coverage. But... their Pro is exactly a perfect example of vzn lock down of technology. Not only did they managed to kill the lloks of the pro but they robbed it from its ram, keyboard and crippled the gps. And not to mention disabling TF3D because it eats up the last of the ram thats left and gimped some of the software like the youtube app and IM in which is standart on these phones. Incredibly they have balls to charge 50 dollars more than anyone else! What a slap in the face to their customers! I bet they will say "its all about the network", but that is bull! Gimme the worlds best network but gimp away the technology to use it! HilaRIOUS!

Last edited by Exil3d; 11-27-2008 at 05:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: Sprint Pro vs. Vzn Pro vents!

Agree 110% I'd take my $30 sero plan and have a few dropped calls any day over verizon with a comparable plan that costs $110. I don't mind the few dropped calls or the less than perfect customer service. I hardly call customer care anyway. Even without a sero plan, sprint still would be $69 I believe which is still better than verizon
Old 11-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Agree 110% I'd take my $30 sero plan and have a few dropped calls any day over verizon with a comparable plan that costs $110. I don't mind the few dropped calls or the less than perfect customer service. I hardly call customer care anyway. Even without a sero plan, sprint still would be $69 I believe which is still better than verizon
I believe the drop call issue is a very minimal now that sprint don't charge for roaming. Sprint has turned their customer service around 180 degrees IMO. All I gots to say for those that are buying the "Touch (not so PRO) Good luck..

Old 11-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Obama's slogan may be "Yes we can" but Verizon's is definitely "No you can't" when it comes to wanting just one uncrippled phone.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Obama's slogan may be "Yes we can" but Verizon's is definitely "No you can't" when it comes to wanting just one uncrippled phone.
Is VZ throwing in a pair of crutches for that phone??
Old 11-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Is VZ throwing in a pair of crutches for that phone??

Nope, but you can for a limited time only get 2 Touch Pros for $100 more than Sprint, then you can use the ugly square design as crutches if you want!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I heard thatVZN Pro does not come with a screen protector and headphones. Can someone comfirm this? I would not be surprised if the also gimped the accesories.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Laying low in smoke

Dang.. Thats like buying a BMW 3 series for more $$$ than the 7 series...
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I heard thatVZN Pro does not come with a screen protector and headphones. Can someone comfirm this? I would not be surprised if the also gimped the accesories.
According to HTC's website, the Verizon brand suppose to come with those extras http://www.htc.com/us/product.aspx?id=77000
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

ronc is a n00b

I am so bummed. Waited for this phone to come, finally got the vzw yesterday, activated, played, looked at memory, and I was blown away. 10 mgs free. I have the 6800 for over a year I am on DCD's rom and i have many great programs, great tweaks. and when i have everthing open i have 5 mgs free. Yes on the touch pro the keyboard, the camera & the size all better, but the memory is about equal. I am goin to return my pro tommorrow and wait this one out, Either go to sprint and activate on vzw or wait until some of the great xda & ppc geeks braintrust, develop a clean rom tweak, load and have 50+ meg. Maybe by christmas.....vzw is so dead wrong on this crippling. anti-american. Happy Thanksgiving all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison