PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6700
Carrier: Verizon

CraigAnt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Washington DC Carriers/Phone Options

I didn't know whether this was the right place for this post, but I figured that I'd start here.

Anyway, I'm currently with Verizon Wireless and have been with them for 8 or 9 years. Right now, I have the 6700 (Apache) and I do not have a contract with VZW. I've been waiting for the Diamond (Diamond Touch really) for a while, but since VZW is now saying that they'll just be coming out with the Diamond in late December (which probably means Jan or Feb and probably March for the Touch Pro), I'm really anxious just to change carriers and get the phone that I want.

Long story short, I'm thinking about waiting til Nov 1st (the date that the Sprint reps are telling me that the Touch Pro will be released). Thing is, I had Sprint back in the day, and didn't care for it too much and have friends here locally that say that the svc (more specifically...text messages not being delivered right away) isn't all that great.

I'm just wandering

A.) Are there people on the east coast that can vouch for Sprints svc.
and
B.) Are there any other carriers besides VZW, AT&T, Sprint and TMobile that I could use an HTC phone on. Like...is Alltell available or could I buy a HTC phone from the website and use it with a good svc (again...here locally or atleast on the east coast).

And yes...I know every svc has there ups and downs, but I have to hand it to VZW, with the exception of ALWAYS being the last to get the kind've phones that I like, their customer svc, phone svc and prices have always been good to me. I just hate waiting....and waiting.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: Washington DC Carriers/Phone Options

It depends on where you are i've been with Sprint about 8 years I work in adams morgan I get the best service in that area of N.W. I live in S.E. where I get about 3-4 bars outside my house inside I get 2-3. My Girlfriend has Verizon and thats pretty much the best you can get in the city.

Last edited by WorldWide; 10-28-2008 at 01:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison