PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6700 vs 6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewoo View Post
In another 6 months when there has been more development on the 6800 it MIGHT be worth the upgrade. Battery life on the 6800 is better, but you can get a lion 2400 mah extended battery on Ebay now for like $12.00 for the 6700.
Another 6 months? I actually think it's ready now. I upgraded a bit early when the leaked ROM was out... but with the New Kitchen and all sorts of Custom ROMS out now it's pretty stable right now and it's only going to get better. There are definitely a few more steps involved in upgrading but once you go through the initial process... every subsequent ROM upgrade is a breeze.

There is simply so much more development on the 6800 right now. The 6700 has basically reached a plateau.

One other thing I forgot to mention is the better camera on the 6800. OK, it's still not anything to write home about but it's definitely an upgrade from the wimpy 1.3 MP on the 6700.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I searched but haven't found anything directly addressing this question.

Simply put, I have a 6700 with WM6 thanks to Helmi, and I'm considering upgrading to the 6800. Any reason to do so besides Rev A?

How about the custom ROMs? Are they as stable as the 6700, or still in their infancy?

Any reason NOT to upgrade?

Thanks!
well i have both,, I loved my 6700, but am completely in love with the 6800..
it uses a dual core processor,, sort of.. that basically gives a single processor for the o/s and another smaller one to control radio functions.. and modem,, dont know how much that helps though.. lol

but as far as stable? i have the same troubles with my 6700 as i do with my 6800, but the 6800 has more onboard storage capacity, gps, smaller memorycard slot,, better stylus, brighter screen from what I can tell, NO stubby a$$ antenna, its thinner, sleeker, more buttons for quick access to messaging/internet/wifi, the spring loaded keyboard slider is pretty nice,

although the video seemed to be a bit better on the 6700...

oh well just my 1 cent worth
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it. It's helped me in my decision. One of my users just got a 6800 and I've been working with her on it. It's a different beast for sure. I like it. But I'm not ready to switch. I love my 6700.

Thanks to all.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

At least on verizon the 6800 has a marked edge reception wise too. I get evdo signal in places I got little to no 1x on vzw with my 6700 with the same prl. I have had my 6800 since feb and have had 0 dropped calls and I used to drop 1-2 a day on my 6700's had like 10 of them.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

I'm a long time 6700 user and i recently switched to the 6800 via assurion replacement. mine was NIB and i'm a little confused how you guys got a cradle but mine did not come with one...

as for what i like..
-thinner lighter and no antenna thing, over all just looks better, not brickish
-durable d-pad, joystick on the 6700 broke 3 out of 4 times
-spring loaded keyboard is nice and all the keys light up so you can see shifted keys!
-battery cover that stays on! and better battery life
-memory card stays put, my 6700 could shoot the thing across the room, lost over $100 of memory cards because of that. i ended up putting tape over it to hold it in.
-more megapixels but... see below

what i don't like but doesn't bother me to much...
-camera has more megapixels but it still sux and video is terrible compared to what it could be...
-stylus is kinda funky
-too many buttons, i don't use the 2 over the screen at all
-wish it had a 3.5mm head phone jack instead of the usb to 2.5 then 2.5 to 3.5
-scroll wheel is useless even if it did control the volume i wouldn't ever use it anyway
-keys on keyboard lack in feedback compared to the 6700 but i still like the 6800 keyboard more

overall i am much happier with the 6800, though it could use a few minor improvements i believe what i gained far out weighs what i lost/miss

Last edited by peepeesea; 04-29-2008 at 02:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

papi49999 is a n00b

Hey guys I'm a newb, but I'm no dummy- I had 5 problematic Palm 700wx Treos before Alltel voided my contract and mailed me the 6800 free of charge. I had it 6 months before I found this site. Simply put, in a few clicks on here I have been able to fully customize mine without a glitch. GPS is really slick, and the custom cab files I've found here add new functionality to an already nice platform.

Rock on! Nice forum, great minds, very promising advances in understand PPC's.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison