PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: APPLE
Carrier: Idea

prbiztechmobi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I think he was saying tmobile hasn't done anything with regards LTE, we already know they've rolled out HSPA+.
Hmm, he was saying Tmobile has not done anything with regards LTE and he is right I have faced this problem.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I was away on a btrip for a week, if you want me to comment your gonna have to provide sources. It is impossible for HSPA+ to be more spectrum efficient the LTE, Googling around for news on tmo news all I found is this which seems to back my point:

Verizon Says They Use Spectrum Twice As Efficiently As T-Mobile

On the other topic, in 2013 all carriers are going LTE-Advanced from the looks of it.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-04-2012, 03:14 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

real talk

Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I know VZ has no HSPA+ I was talking about their LTe. HSPA+ is apparently more spectrum efficient than LTe release 8 which is what AT$T and VZ are both rolling out. Actually read my post this time. T-mo plans to roll out release 10 of LTe. and u wanted a source, here it is

link
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I was away on a btrip for a week, if you want me to comment your gonna have to provide sources. It is impossible for HSPA+ to be more spectrum efficient the LTE, Googling around for news on tmo news all I found is this which seems to back my point:

Verizon Says They Use Spectrum Twice As Efficiently As T-Mobile

On the other topic, in 2013 all carriers are going LTE-Advanced from the looks of it.
@gTen my quote above is the source,along with the link.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
@gTen my quote above is the source,along with the link.
All that its saying is T-Mobile plans to go LTE Release 10. Nothing about HSPA+ being more spectrum efficient.

And again, yes while everyone is on LTE Release 8 now, by the time t-mobile starts deploying LTE Release 10 everyone will be deploying LTE-Advanced.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

@gTen it says it at the very bottom of that article, see:

Quote:
Editors Note: Just to clarify for everyone who may ask, T-Mobile’s original LTE rollout will be theoretically capable of 72Mbps. The ability to software update the network to LTE 10 allows for T-Mobile to easily upgrade their network to much faster speeds with more backhaul. LTE 10 has a theoretical max of 150Mbps. For what it’s worth, our main spectrum guru Conan Kudo tells me that HSPA+ is really more network efficient than LTE up until release 10.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
@gTen it says it at the very bottom of that article, see:
I missed that, personally I'll say this. Who would you trust more on this, official press release from verizon, intel whitepapers and every single research ever done. or some random guy named "Conan Kudo" (which is a fake name) on the internet?

HSPA+ 42mbps spectrum efficiency is still behind LTE Release 8. Not to mention LTE has other advantages such as faster access time and if deployed in the 700mhz band you have a HUGE advantage in building penetration.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
I missed that, personally I'll say this. Who would you trust more on this, official press release from verizon, intel whitepapers and every single research ever done. or some random guy named "Conan Kudo" (which is a fake name) on the internet?
lol .
Old 03-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned User

Quote:

HSPA+ 42mbps spectrum efficiency is still behind LTE Release 8. Not to mention LTE has other advantages such as faster access time and if deployed in the 700mhz band you have a HUGE advantage in building penetration.
@gTen maybe that's not his real name. I'm a sociology major and I know that if we interview or mention people we know we have to use a fake name.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
@gTen maybe that's not his real name. I'm a sociology major and I know that if we interview or mention people we know we have to use a fake name.
There is nothing wrong with using a fake name, but when your suppose to be a credible source for a reputable news site, using your real name should be a privilege. (unless of course your sharing secret information)

So that means either that site isn't very credible or that source isn't very credible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison