PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

HTC Rezound for now and like it alot. I don't plan on getting anything else this year and will probably keep it for the full 2 years unless something comes out that is much better and fully supported. Meaning for example, quad core device but no sense in getting it if the apps or os dont support it when its released.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Looks like in 3 days I'll be picking up an AT&T Galaxy Note
Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Maybe he's a masochist.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?
@eric12341

Because my city gets INSANE LTE coverage. There is no AWS Galaxy Note and Tmobile is just getting behind the times. I can get "actual" 4G on ATT with the sickest phone ever (I'm a big screen guy) and I can use all those international phones too if I want. tmobile has no galaxy nexus, no Note, and no iPhone...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.
I have an iPhone 2G, so I can "loophole" unlimited data, also I wouldn't use more than 5GB a month anyways, but when I do, I want it fast.

LTE is A LOT faster than HSPA+ (which the note also supports, btw) and I'll probably average a realistic 12mb down anywhere in this huge city. I never get speeds like that on tmobile "4G"

Can you link me to T-Mobile getting a galaxy Nexus?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned User

@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.
I don't know about getting 14mbps down on any tmobile phone. I saw the tony hawk thing but that could mean anything honestly. I know that I live in a very good tmobile "4G" area and never get anywhere near 14mbps down, closer to 2 or 4 maybe, even on the mt4g, HD2, MT4Gslide, or any of the other thousands of tmobile phones I've owned.

edit:

plus it's a freaking 5.3" screen dude, I can't pass that up.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned User

Like i said u must be in an area with alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them. Likewise 2-4mpbs is still very good to do all streaming activities that one would ever want to do. 5.3" or not I still don't think it's worth selling ur soul to the devil tho. I also had the chance to goto AT$T and get the titan but I chose not to.

Last edited by eric12341; 02-17-2012 at 08:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison