PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Connect with Facebook

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
austin420's Avatar
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Offline
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Location: kansas city mo
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,448
Reputation: 4300
austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Not only that, but is Sprint doing 8 or 10? because between Sprint and Tmobile, I'd rather go unlimited data and phones that are actually coming out SOON with LTE
not only is network vision going to be lte10, they are rolling out over double the amount of coverage area than tmobile, customerwise.
sprint will be done twice as fast as tmobile. not really a deal breaker, since tmo fanboys dont mind waiting till the end of 2013 to be on a real 4g network.
i know that in my area, sprint is already rolling out lte10, and it should be accesible by customers by the time the gnex launches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilw
Stupid and angry is no way to go through life, son.

Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
orangekid's Avatar
Awesomenss :)
Offline
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,927
Reputation: 7345
orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
not only is network vision going to be lte10, they are rolling out over double the amount of coverage area than tmobile, customerwise.
sprint will be done twice as fast as tmobile. not really a deal breaker, since tmo fanboys dont mind waiting till the end of 2013 to be on a real 4g network.
i know that in my area, sprint is already rolling out lte10, and it should be accesible by customers by the time the gnex launches.
Mine too, they had Houston listed in their press release.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
but just to clarify, tmobile not only hasnt rolled anythjing out yet, nor have they even announced a vendor for their infrastructure overhaul. everything is just speculation at this piont.
also, it easier to come out with a slightly newer variation of the same tech when your 2 years late to the party. (cough cough, im looking at you tmobile)
@austin420 oh yes they have, they already have HSPA+ on PCS in some areas of NV, and CA. This was on Tmonews around November-ish. Plus sprint's LTe vendor lightspeed still hasn't worked out their interference issue with the FCC. Sprint can't deploy LTe on a wide scale till lightsquared resolves this or if they find a new vendor. Tmo was also last to deploy 3G and they had the best deployment of it.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM
orangekid's Avatar
Awesomenss :)
Offline
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,927
Reputation: 7345
orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@austin420 oh yes they have, they already have HSPA+ on PCS in some areas of NV, and CA. This was on Tmonews around November-ish. Plus sprint's LTe vendor lightspeed still hasn't worked out their interference issue with the FCC. Sprint can't deploy LTe on a wide scale till lightsquared resolves this or if they find a new vendor. Tmo was also last to deploy 3G and they had the best deployment of it.
I think he was saying tmobile hasn't done anything with regards LTE, we already know they've rolled out HSPA+.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM
austin420's Avatar
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Offline
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Location: kansas city mo
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,448
Reputation: 4300
austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@austin420 oh yes they have, they already have HSPA+ on PCS in some areas of NV, and CA. This was on Tmonews around November-ish. Plus sprint's LTe vendor lightspeed still hasn't worked out their interference issue with the FCC. Sprint can't deploy LTe on a wide scale till lightsquared resolves this or if they find a new vendor. Tmo was also last to deploy 3G and they had the best deployment of it.
lightsquared was just a fall back plan. the only thing sprint wanted from lightsquared was spectrum. sprint has been laying out the groundwork for lte on its own 1900mhz spectrum for almost a year. they are working with lucent and doing alot of the roll out themselves. havent you already seen the sprint lte speed tests?
if you read more than just tmobile blogs, you might be a little more aware of things.

Last edited by austin420; 03-02-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
lightsquared was just a fall back plan. the only thing sprint wanted from lightsquared was spectrum. sprint has been laying out the groundwork for lte on its own 1900mhz spectrum for almost a year. they are working with lucent and doing alot of the roll out themselves. havent you already seen the sprint lte speed tests?
if you read more than just tmobile blogs, you might be a little more aware of things.
@austin420 and if you read more than sprint boy blogs you might be a little more aware of things. The condition of the sprint network here in my town still has not improved like they said and claim that it has, in fact the slow speeds have spread even more into Chicagoland. Last week I went into a sprint store near my school and speed tested the iPhone, 2 android phones and the arrive and NONE of them could get above 340kbps on a FULL signal. I get that speed on EDGE easily.

Edit: Also the coverage T-mobile has along my commute route is MUCH BETTER than that of sprint, when I had my TP2 and arrive I would lose my 3G signal 5 times along my commute route, with Tmo I only lose it once. This is annoying as fuck when trying to stream something.

Last edited by eric12341; 03-02-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
orangekid's Avatar
Awesomenss :)
Offline
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,927
Reputation: 7345
orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@austin420 and if you read more than sprint boy blogs you might be a little more aware of things. The condition of the sprint network here in my town still has not improved like they said and claim that it has, in fact the slow speeds have spread even more into Chicagoland. Last week I went into a sprint store near my school and speed tested the iPhone, 2 android phones and the arrive and NONE of them could get above 340kbps on a FULL signal. I get that speed on EDGE easily.

Edit: Also the coverage T-mobile has along my commute route is MUCH BETTER than that of sprint, when I had my TP2 and arrive I would lose my 3G signal 5 times along my commute route, with Tmo I only lose it once. This is annoying as fuck when trying to stream something.
That's in your area, I know lots of areas where Sprint gets faster speed than tmobile. Every area is different. I'll admit that tmobile gives me better coverage in Houston than Sprint did, but I'm not sure about the rest of the country.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:46 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
That's in your area, I know lots of areas where Sprint gets faster speed than tmobile. Every area is different. I'll admit that tmobile gives me better coverage in Houston than Sprint did, but I'm not sure about the rest of the country.
@orangekid I'd like to know where these areas are, I posted on some of the handfulls of slow speed threads in the sprint community forum and I get emails of new replies, people from all kinds of zipcodes are reporting slow speeds.

Also

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 | PCMag.com

according to this test sprint was in LAST PLACE in every place they tested and T-mobile was 2nd and even first in a couple of areas.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM
orangekid's Avatar
Awesomenss :)
Offline
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,927
Reputation: 7345
orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@orangekid I'd like to know where these areas are, I posted on some of the handfulls of slow speed threads in the sprint community forum and I get emails of new replies, people from all kinds of zipcodes are reporting slow speeds.

Also

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 | PCMag.com

according to this test sprint was in LAST PLACE in every place they tested and T-mobile was 2nd and even first in a couple of areas.

right,

but the points were that:

1) Sprint is getting LTE before T-Mobile in select cities, and maybe nationwide

2) ATT is faster than T-Mobile where I am

3) Sprint offers unlimited data (better for tetherers like you) so their LTE would be better than T-Mobile who throttles after 5GB

Having said all of that, I will concede that T-Mobile's HSPA+ network AFAIK gets faster data than Sprint's WiMax, but neither are even close to ATT's LTE.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 PM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
right,

but the points were that:

1) Sprint is getting LTE before T-Mobile in select cities, and maybe nationwide

2) ATT is faster than T-Mobile where I am

3) Sprint offers unlimited data (better for tetherers like you) so their LTE would be better than T-Mobile who throttles after 5GB

Having said all of that, I will concede that T-Mobile's HSPA+ network AFAIK gets faster data than Sprint's WiMax, but neither are even close to ATT's LTE.
@orangekid
1)I'm willing to bet that T-mobile will have LTe here in Chicagoland before sprint does (Wi-max ends a block before my house and is spotty before that) especially considering that their 3G here is even worse.

2)LTe or HSPA+?

3) it might be the unlimited data and tetherers that are crippling their network, plus the fact that there are TONS of MVNOs on their towers. I have the 10GB plan on Tmo so I'm fine with it. Plus when I'm throttled I can still do things that I couldn't do on sprint 3G except watch Latina booty shaking videos. So I'm perfectly fine with HSPA right now.

Last edited by eric12341; 03-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com