PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC EVO Design 4G

Saw it on Andronica... But a world phone GSM/CDMA EVO is tempting... Anyways according to the site, it'll be out OCT 23. I'll stop by a sprint store this weekend if I have time to check out the Epic Touch/Iphone and maybe this if they have it.
Quote:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • HTC Sense – Award-winning user experience taking social networking, navigation and customization to new levels
  • Aluminum unibody design gives the HTC EVO Design 4G a slim, streamlined profile –guaranteed to get attention and nicely compact in your hand, pocket or bag
  • 1.2GHz processor
  • 4-inch qHD capacitive touchscreen display
  • Dual cameras: 5MP rear-facing camera/camcorder with flash and HD video recording and 1.3MP front-facing camera for video chat
  • World Phone capabilities to make and receive calls and texts, and to access email and news from locations around the globe
  • 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
  • Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
Androinica ยป Sprint unveils the HTC EVO Design 4G, available Oct. 23 for $100

Last edited by EyeB; 10-21-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: HTC EVO Design 4G

so it its 3D i ask cuz it has dual cams

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

didnt think it was 3D... dual camera sounds like 1 on front and 1 on back :S
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
didnt think it was 3D... dual camera sounds like 1 on front and 1 on back :S

I think its spouse to be like an alternative to the evo 3d. (a review I saw said its replacing the original evo cause its about to be discontinued)
I had no idea this phone was around lol.

I mean I know its not out till like monday but I like what Im seeing.
The biggest thing I see is the fact that It can use a sim card lmao.
Saves me the trouble of adding new contacts all the first day lol

Aside from that, 1 gb available memory out the box (4 overall but 3 in use by the rom)
I think it said it comes with an 8gb sd card.

I was personally seriously concidering the epic 4g touch.. the phone is HUGE tho. Ive really gotten used to the 3.7 in screen of the tp2..
But everyone ses that the bigger screen will make up for the lack of a physical keyboard.

In anycase... Im glad I saw this post, It opened up my eyes to a great phone. I might just pick this up

I LOVE htc phones but I really didnt like the evo 3d. idk why but it just didnt fit right. Hopfully this one does.

The Iphone def did not fit my fancy
I was starting to concider either the samsung conquer or the epic 4g touch.
I was gana buy one sat night. I might have to wait a few more days lols
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
To bad its not LTE already

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post

It also doesnt have sense 3.5 wich apearently a few of the newer phones from htc (not through sprint) already have this

When I was at the sprint store today, they mensioned in passing convo that virizon is going to be betting a dual core 1.5 ghtz phone in early nov.

If thats the case htc is prob gana give sprint a good equivilant soon
Old 10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

4" screens are perfect IMO. not too big nor small. Seems like a solid phone. Too bad its on a crap network!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl

Sprint wont have LTE for a good year or two.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

Sprint wont have LTE for a good year or two.
got that right. even then its still gana be a spot issue.
I dont even have 4g here so Im sure i'll never get lte coverage so i dont care about it
Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
got that right. even then its still gana be a spot issue.
I dont even have 4g here so Im sure i'll never get lte coverage so i dont care about it

i heard on android central that sprint was having financial issues even trying to get it up and running. IMO they need to fix their already crap/slow network before even trying to implement lte.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison