PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT Motorola PHOTON 4G vs Samsung Within vs HTC Mazaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
LTE on Verizon is pretty sweet IMO. I have the Charge and I use the heck out of the 4G. I couldn't tell you the last time I even turned on my 4G on my Sprint phone, even before Verizon had LTE. I was grandfathered in with my data plan though, so that will def be a stinger Riley.
Yeah I know what you mean. Thinking it will be worth it though to have a reliable network with much better 4g coverage but time will tell. I guess you get what you pay for after all. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

talked to a sprint rep and she mentioned to me that the sgs2 within epic touch 4g (whatever its going to be called) is going to be released in 2 days and im going to open another line and i also was wondering what phone is better

photon vs sgs2 vs prime?
really like the look of the sgs 2 but hate the sorry support from samsung , also a friend of mine has a motorola android and he has had a lot of lag/freeze/reboots on that phone so was wondering if that would be the case with the photon. the prime dont know much about it besides being android to the core but have no idea when its gonna be released.

i use the phone a lot for business, emails,sms,mms, web browsing, conference calls, downloading/uploading attachments, word, pdf xcel files. Gaming, hearing music, watching videos taking a lot pixs and a front facing camera is a must.

so what you guys think

Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
talked to a sprint rep and she mentioned to me that the sgs2 within epic touch 4g (whatever its going to be called) is going to be released in 2 days and im going to open another line and i also was wondering what phone is better

photon vs sgs2 vs prime?
really like the look of the sgs 2 but hate the sorry support from samsung , also a friend of mine has a motorola android and he has had a lot of lag/freeze/reboots on that phone so was wondering if that would be the case with the photon. the prime dont know much about it besides being android to the core but have no idea when its gonna be released.

i use the phone a lot for business, emails,sms,mms, web browsing, conference calls, downloading/uploading attachments, word, pdf xcel files. Gaming, hearing music, watching videos taking a lot pixs and a front facing camera is a must.

so what you guys think
The SGS2 is better then the photon...I won't compare it to the prime though because well we haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on something with so little info about it...

What I will tell you is this: SGS2 has a lot of business features integrated like hardware encryption of data and etc...

As far as office goes Motorola gives you free QuickOffice while Samsung includes Polaris Office I think..

To note the sprint SGS2 has a 4.5" screen and Motorola has a 4.3" so it depends on your preference in real-estate there...for movies though nothing can beat Super AMOLED Plus...

Now as for music..it depends on what chipset they ended up using..Yamaha on the original SGS2 and not the better Wolfson thats on the SGS..so don't expect any miracles in that department...but it should still be on par or better then the photon in that respect.

The camera on the SGS2 is top notch from what I hear and the front facing camera is 2mp and isn't too bad either..

As for the photon..most of lag comes from moto blur ui..the photon has motoblur lite which should be less intensive...

Overall though the sgs2 > photon 4g..as for the nexus prime...the prime is probably going to be better (I mean sgs2 came out in europe months ago...wheras nexus prime is new device) but again we don't have all the details yet..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks @gten for the reply wil hit the thanks button when not in mobile

Couple ?s though
For office my epic came with think free (or something like that) the full edition and I have the apk can I use it on either phone I decide to get. I like that app mainly since I got used to how it works...

Any news on when sprint will be rolling out with LTE phones

When will the prime be released? With the line I'm gonna get I have 30days to return it and change for another

Is sprints 3g speeds going to get better any time soon?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

For office my epic came with think free (or something like that) the full edition and I have the apk can I use it on either phone I decide to get. I like that app mainly since I got used to how it works...
If you copy out the APK, it should work...the legality of it is in the gray area but it should be ok...

Quote:
Any news on when sprint will be rolling out with LTE phones
Well I think sprint is gonna end up waiting on lightsquared which promised initial deployment of LTE in 2012...so not until next year..I mean sprint is waiting till oct to even publicly announce their plans..

Quote:
When will the prime be released? With the line I'm gonna get I have 30days to return it and change for another
well rumors are prime is gonna be released on verizon in october..also sprint is getting the evil iphone in october..so prob will focus its resources on it..so maybe nov/dec or early next year

Quote:
Is sprints 3g speeds going to get better any time soon?
rumors are they are gonna deploy rev B...

They also have this very generic video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_jp...layer_embedded
Old 09-15-2011, 12:42 AM
VIP MVP

Rev b?..... Will the sgs2 be capable of taking advantage of that?

Now that the iphone 5 is going to be on sprint im kind of thinking of not getting another sprint line since that should add more traffic on the network and slow the data speeds ..

Also what is the so called air rave and what does it do?

TIA
Old 09-15-2011, 02:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:

Rev b?..... Will the sgs2 be capable of taking advantage of that?
Depends on which CDMA motherboard Samsung went with...Rev B is like HSPA+ of CDMA..it is the next step after Rev A and it should give speeds comparable to current wimax speeds over 3g...

Quote:
Now that the iphone 5 is going to be on sprint im kind of thinking of not getting another sprint line since that should add more traffic on the network and slow the data speeds ..
Realistically speaking, I doubt sprint will get as many customers as they think with the iphone..if anything they may end up loosing more customers before then..

And on previous question about using 30days..I am gonna have to correct my answer..its a no 100%..sprint has discontinued that program..as of the 16th..

Quote:
Also what is the so called air rave and what does it do?

TIA
Its a femocell, its for people with weak signals in their house so they set one up so they can use their phones at home and it acts like a mini-tower..
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
VIP MVP

To find out what motherboard samsung went with we have to wait till its released or is there another way to find out before. Regardless that network vision looks like its going to be a while before it is ready...

Does the air rave also help with data connection speeds because only in the city I live in is were I don't have great coverage but once I step into the next city which is only 1 mile away is were reception and data speed gets better also couple miles more and I get 4g....
Old 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Personally, i love my photon it has been rock solid running adw ex homescreen. And I get fantastically better signal than any device since the touch pro. No lag and built like a brick house. No Sammy for me after experiencing the epic failure.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Personally, i love my photon it has been rock solid running adw ex homescreen. And I get fantastically better signal than any device since the touch pro. No lag and built like a brick house. No Sammy for me after experiencing the epic failure.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
i have both and your correct about signal but speed and screen (Smolded) win for me as far as touch goes. photon is a great phone and yesterdays update fixed my small wifi issue i had.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison