PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Went to EVO3d from TP2 and i miss my TP2

I went from tp2 to evo 3d and all i can say is that i like the power of the 3d but miss the keyboard of the tp2 somebody at htc need to get their $h!t together and make a 4.3" tp2 with android on it. Im not too excited about the evo3d its ok but I was wayyyyy more excited with my tp2.
P.s before anyone says anything about an epic i had one for 4 days when it was launched and I hated it. I dont like samsungs keyboard or phone os.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:48 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Went to EVO3d from TP2 and i miss my TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnupe2 View Post
I went from tp2 to evo 3d and all i can say is that i like the power of the 3d but miss the keyboard of the tp2 somebody at htc need to get their $h!t together and make a 4.3" tp2 with android on it. Im not too excited about the evo3d its ok but I was wayyyyy more excited with my tp2.
P.s before anyone says anything about an epic i had one for 4 days when it was launched and I hated it. I dont like samsungs keyboard or phone os.
The phone os is Android..you mean TouchWiz UI? you can load up other UIs like SPB Mobile shell or launcher pro..or use Stock UI...the keyboard once you apply the kb fix patch is not bad.but its also a matter of getting used to it.

Also if you had it for first 4 days..back then it was using older TouchWiz 2.5 which had a lot of customization features missing.

The thing I don't understand about HTC is they made a great keyboard on the TP2..then chose to make it worse on the evo shift by making it a 4 row kb..if they did something right..why make it worse? :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Palndrm12 is just getting started
I also just switched from the TP2 and can say I do miss the keyboard. I also wonder what HTC was thinking with the shift...TP2 keyboard is the best one I have ever seen on any phone.

Other than the keyboard and cookie home tab I can't say I miss anything else. I love the screen, the smoothness, and most of all the developer support for Android.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnupe2 View Post
If you want a keyboard as good as the one on tp2 your only option is the htc arrive. Other then that it looks like htc is focusing on non keyboard phones when it comes to android. Alot of people can type faster on swype than on a physical keyboard. I loved my tp2 keyboard but with swype I don't miss it. Htc will continue to sell phones that have a high selling rate and right now those are the full touch screen phones. I guess you can blame this obsession on the iphone.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's why I went to the Epic. I couldn't do without the keyboard. You can put the blame on Apple for starting the virtual keyboard garbage. Now the market is driving people to have big thin phones.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

swype is a piece of shit . period . I'll never ever get used to it , I spend more time correcting my sentences then I do typing . my favourite is CooTek TouchPal . I use it on android and windows mobile . hands down , best input method ever . however , I would have to agree , I'll miss the TP2 keyboard , but I don't think the evo shift is that bad of a keyboard . I just don't like the fact there is no mechanism when sliding it open . it just kinda opens . I was thinking about going to the evo3d in hopes of getting used to no physical keyboard . I don't know how well that would go over . thank god though for the 30 day trial . but who am I kidding , my two year upgrade isn't until next year . who knows what they will have by then .
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
That's why I went to the Epic. I couldn't do without the keyboard. You can put the blame on Apple for starting the virtual keyboard garbage. Now the market is driving people to have big thin phones.
yea its like almost every review would put-down those phones for being bulky. but u can't really make a powerful and durable device without adding some bulk to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
swype is a piece of shit . period . I'll never ever get used to it , I spend more time correcting my sentences then I do typing . my favourite is CooTek TouchPal . I use it on android and windows mobile . hands down , best input method ever . however , I would have to agree , I'll miss the TP2 keyboard , but I don't think the evo shift is that bad of a keyboard . I just don't like the fact there is no mechanism when sliding it open . it just kinda opens . I was thinking about going to the evo3d in hopes of getting used to no physical keyboard . I don't know how well that would go over . thank god though for the 30 day trial . but who am I kidding , my two year upgrade isn't until next year . who knows what they will have by then .
the onscreen in wp7 is pretty good too, better than EZInput. I don't think I've even had to use the delete key with it,i just either select the right word from the scrolling horizontal list or it corrects me automatically to the word i was trying to type. sometimes i dont even have to type full words as they often show up after a couple of letters. so i can bolt things out quite fast without typing fast which i think is how most mistakes are made.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

seems like a "phone comparison" thread to me, moved.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison