PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Comparing 3D vs Iphone 4

Would you say the 3D is better phone than iphone 4?

Tell me what 3D cant do that iphone 4 can do?

We got Angry Bird and Cut the Rope. I have not install a UPC scanner yet. Its Red something?

That video chat thing, 3D got it too.

Not to mention hardware and big screen, which 3D I know definately win in this category. And we can change all the battery and microSD we want.

And it is almost as thin as the iphone.

So I think the 3D wins now. But what can we say about iphone5 coming out this summer?

I think HTC is narrowing the gap on iphone.

Lastly, dont forget if there is no Apple, all the smartphone is over taken by chinese again, just like all the consumer electronics.

So all in all, I have mix feeling.

So where do you start?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Comparing 3D vs Iphone 4

Let the flaming begin...

the iphone still doesn't flash but i could be wrong cuz i dont associate with people that own Iphones

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99

The HTC EVO 4G already took iPhones crown. You can't compare the 3D to an iPhone4. It's in another galaxy even if you take away the 3D feature
Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Let the flaming begin...

the iphone still doesn't flash but i could be wrong cuz i dont associate with people that own Iphones
Funny everyone I know have some type of Android phone. Or a blackberry. And those with blackberrys I'm trying to get them to get an Android LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

There is not going to be flaming because this is the 3D forum. All the iphone user doesnt know this forum. PPCgeek = Pocket PC geek

At my work place, 90% of poeple use iphone. Hence I want to know why.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Does your work provide phones to some people?

Just asking because the company I work for provided the iPhone 4 to employees and only recently opened the options up to allow a choice of that or the HTC Arrive. They're looking at adding the EVO 3D, which I expect to see a shift in the amount of people choosing the iPhone...
Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
There is not going to be flaming because this is the 3D forum. All the iphone user doesnt know this forum. PPCgeek = Pocket PC geek

At my work place, 90% of poeple use iphone. Hence I want to know why.
Don't be so sure of yourself, even iPhone users know how to navigate this site and find forums for other devices.

I owned an EVO 4G for almost a year before I switched to an iPhone 4. I did it because I was tired of messing with my phone (rooting, taskbars, themes and general hacks) and wanted a phone that just worked, out of the box, with no additional work from me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about tweaking my phones, I just did it for a few years (with a lot of different phones) and ultimately got bored with it. I also switched to iOS because I bought a MacBook Pro and an iPad 2 for work stuff, and it just made sense.

Each device has it's pros and cons, plain and simple. I personally think Android is a great OS and believe that it will surpass iOS in sales/usage within the next 12-18 months. BlackBerrys also have their place in business and I can see why many companies use them for their employees. WP7 seems to be gaining ground as well and I am glad that Microsoft was able to get back into the game after abandoning WM. But putting down others for their free will and choice to choose a device that you don't use, and therefore don't know of the pros and cons, is both childish and ignorant.

By the way, under the true definition of PPC Android would not fall into the category, so don't be too quick to kick iOS devices out of that circle. PPC is a term that, like many, has changed in it's meaning over time. It is now basically a handheld mini computer, which is a more accurate description. And with that description, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, WP7 and WebOS all fall into the category quite nicely.

I always try to see what the other side holds and it might help you in life to try the same.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Chong, come on man. This is a phone comparison thread. There is an entire subforum on phone comparison here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/phone-comparison/

Thats where you should post this question.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thread moved

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGeeks Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Would you say the 3D is better phone than iphone 4?

Tell me what 3D cant do that iphone 4 can do?

We got Angry Bird and Cut the Rope. I have not install a UPC scanner yet. Its Red something?

That video chat thing, 3D got it too.

Not to mention hardware and big screen, which 3D I know definately win in this category. And we can change all the battery and microSD we want.

And it is almost as thin as the iphone.

So I think the 3D wins now. But what can we say about iphone5 coming out this summer?

I think HTC is narrowing the gap on iphone.
You do realize to say a product this year is catching up to the iphone of last year is kinda an insult to the product..right? lol..the 3d SHOULD be superior to products of last year...I don't even see a reason to compare the 2 :/

Quote:
Lastly, dont forget if there is no Apple, all the smartphone is over taken by chinese again, just like all the consumer electronics.
Not really..and apple products are Chinese products..they are jsut designed by Apple...

Also Samsung and LG are not chinese, they are Korean and they make most of the products in Korea, not china.

Quote:
I owned an EVO 4G for almost a year before I switched to an iPhone 4. I did it because I was tired of messing with my phone (rooting, taskbars, themes and general hacks) and wanted a phone that just worked, out of the box, with no additional work from me.
That's same reason I got the Epic, It just "works" ..I actually used stock rom most of the time...biggest reason I load up custom roms is to improve battery life (not that its been bad, just wanted to push it to the limit) and tethering...

Quote:
Each device has it's pros and cons, plain and simple. I personally think Android is a great OS and believe that it will surpass iOS in sales/usage within the next 12-18 months.
It already surpassed iOS in sales...not on the Tablet front yet but on the smartphone front definitely..

Quote:
BlackBerrys also have their place in business and I can see why many companies use them for their employees.
Thing about blackberries is, most people that have been using blackberries were not business people but teens/young adults...as texting devices somewhat...RIM's failure to recognize that is one of their biggest downfalls...Of course I do see a lot of people using them in business arena but at the same time Android and iOS are both quickly moving into that turf...and its hard for blackberry to get them back as these platforms become more integrated into people's businesses.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison