PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

twiztid420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to twiztid420
Re: How Microsoft could have overtaken the Smarthphone market....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
You fellows are getting ridiculous. Anyone who criticizes Windows Phone 7 is a troll? Get off your hight horse. As reported on ZD Net, there's a backlash out there of "early adopters" of Windows 7 phones for the many of the same reasons stated in this thread and others. I don't want to go to Android or the fruit company and am hanging on to my TP 2 at present. I would really like to see Windows Phone 7 improved before I give up what I have now.

Eric, if you could do so in complete sentences with correct capitalization, I'd like you to tell me what MS has "planned" for Windows Phone 7. I hope these plans include better updating than what we've seen so far. Multiple e-mail account synching? What about tethering? Customized ring tones? Multi-tasking? Non-date GPS? Drag and drop ability in interacting with PCs? Since these things were built into WM 6.5 and earlier versions, I'm surprised that MS took a step backward by not including them in 7.

Now, these may not be important features to you or others enamored of Windows Phone 7. That's ok, but it is certainly inappropriate to attempt to silence others who find their absence lacking.

I don't think anyone is trying to silence anyone. the OP has numerous posts before this one claiming his or disliking of WP7 and its current features or missing features that the OP feels makes this phone a FAIL to him.

I personally have no issues with the phone. I like it yes i miss some of the features like copying files to it (EX. movies, mp3's) using Windows explorer. but given time these will all happen. I think that most that have an issue with the phone think that MS should have released a OS that has every feature that current other OS'es have. When android was released it didnt even have some support for common music files now thats been fixed. you cant expect MS to have every feature on release day NO one has that it all comes with updates afterwards and input from USER's.

That's my 2 cents on the subject like it or not
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

plus one ^. his first thread was asking for help with his arrive...but by then, he had already jumped ship. he can like whatever he wants, starting this thread in this section was going to start some kind of trouble, the op knew it and here we are. i personally don't get paid to use any of these os'es, this is entertainment to me .
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

not to mention him ridiculing us for trying to help and then coming back here after he got his epic with the same nonsense.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Moved to "phone comparison"

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And all I'm thinking for now is letting this thread blow over like a fart in church. It'll die on its own as we all know that with time comes issues with all our toys regardless of what they are.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
not to mention him ridiculing us for trying to help and then coming back here after he got his epic with the same nonsense.
If you put op on "ignore list" your problems will be solved.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My Samsung Focus arrives Monday! I'm very excited by this probably going to start a thread in the arrive forum with some WP questions.

Judging by what's been said here (this forum, not this thread) it seems WP7 is pretty stable, still in its infancy, and getting better over time. Sure early adopters are suffering through a few quirks, but that's Microsoft's fault for being so late to the party. Apple was in the same boat, instead of quirks they just left a boatload of features out at first. So I don't expect a perfect phone but I expect to learn a lot about MS's new direction.

Anyone can say whatever they want, I'm not going to judge WP7 until I use it myself and give it time to mature.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
You fellows are getting ridiculous. Anyone who criticizes Windows Phone 7 is a troll?
real talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post

Anyone can say whatever they want, I'm not going to judge WP7 until I use it myself and give it time to mature.
ive seen it. and it looks like this...

Quote:

Eric, if you could do so in complete sentences with correct capitalization,
what is this "kapitulizashun" you speak of?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

All Microsoft have to do is make the code more open n allow users to tweak it.

Do not clam it down.

Which ever OS has the most warez win!

WP7 is not off to a good start.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime
And all I'm thinking for now is letting this thread blow over like a fart in church. It'll die on its own as we all know that with time comes issues with all our toys regardless of what they are.
Good to see you back bro .
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
android, htc arrive, iphone, windows phone 7, wp7