PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iPhone OS vs Android

Well there's really no thread yet on this exact topic and I think this is a great topic, plus gives me room for an article later on.

What is better? Iphone OS or Android? Give me at least 3 reasons why you think one's better or worse! I'm all ears and don't judge upon decisions.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: iPhone OS vs Android

No replies tells me we all know who is bestest!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I'll give you 3 reasons for each -

Why Android is better:

1) more attractive and customizable UI - an Android device now comes stock with LWPs, widgets, different homescreens, different flavors (sense, touchwiz, stage, aosp). Stock iOS all you can do is change the background and have folders. Jailbroken you really customize the iOS UI a lot, but it takes a lot of know-how and work.

2) development: with Android, you can port any device to almost any other device, you can create custom kernels, flash new radios, custom UIs, themes, options, CM7, Sense HD. Hell i used to have a phone that ran WM6.5 and now runs CM7 on NAND! that's what you get with open source, ability to literally change any aspect of the OS.

3) More phones on more networks. What if I don't want to pay through the roof for capped data on vzw or ATT, what if I want a 3G phone on tmobile or Sprint? not going to happen, if I want an iPhone on tmobile, I have to pay 3rd party prices and unlock it, and still no 3G. On any network (even cricket now) you can get a sweet Android device, and have your choice or keyboard or not, screen sizes, etc...

Why iOS is better:

1) universally integrated OS - have you wondered why netflix has been on iOS for a while now, but taking forever on Android? How about a lot of apps not compatible with Eclair or Gingerbread? How come some apps that work on AOSP don't work right on Sense? Why can't I connect my wii remote to any sense build? More options on phones, UIs, and specs means more app fragmentation and incompatibility. It also means some apps run better on some phones.

2) more efficient OS. iPhone 4 gets better battery life than ANY android device I've seen. The OS is smoother, faster, and more responsive, even though every Android device that has come out since the Nexus One (besides the G2) has a higher clockspeed than the iPhone 4, yet every app seems to run faster and more smoothly in iOS because it's just a more efficient OS with better drivers that utilize the hardware/GPU better.

3) retina display. No matter how much you love super amoled or any other screen technology, the high resolution of retina display has gotten better reviews for its clarity and non-oversaturated colors and brightness. Personally I'd rather have insanely high resolution over any other type of amoled technology (ideally you'd have both on the same screen), but I'd choose higher resolution if I could.

having said all of this, the pros of Android for me outweigh the pros of iOS. But I like to have both and use the one I want that day.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

I think you said it best sir! What I'm going to do is take this answer to this huge debate that i'm involved in :P I'm amazed the debate didn't get started here, it's the same exact topic!

Anywhoo, great response!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

android is better, but apple easily trumps in build quality of their product, and by a wide margin. Apple's products are so easy to use, a two year old can use it. The average consumer would rather trade ease of use and with less functionality for a slightly higher learning curve and more functionality.

another thing, out the box, Apple is a better product. it's ready to go. When you use android, you need to add a bunch of stuff to it to make it better. I think the iphone is slightly more reliable software wise. Android is definitely a more flexible product, but most users dont need that flexibility or even know/care about it.

Last edited by chardog; 01-21-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

thx for your input as well. I'd say most of us agree
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

iphones are evil..mkay?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

gTen, where have I been? I thought you were an iphone lovvvveeeeerrrr
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
gTen, where have I been? I thought you were an iphone lovvvveeeeerrrr

I don't know where YOU'VE BEEN..I would think you would know :/..cut down on the alcohol might help? :P lol

And yes I love iphones, to SMASH them that is...
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4G

ervman1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Android FTW.
It's so much more customizable. I love playing with phones and the more access I have the better. I'm not a big fan of iOS and while its so tightly integrated it seems like a chokehold...

that being said, I agree that iOS is for those who don't really care that much about their tech. they walk around and flaunt it like its the know all see all device but truth be told if a 2 year old can use it, whats that say about them?
Sanyo 5300-->Samsung A900-->Lg Fusic-->Sanyo M1-->Motorola Q-->Samsung Upstage-->Samsung M610-->Sprint Mogul-->Sprint Touch-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Back to the Mogul-->Treo 800w-->HTC Diamond-->Treo 700wx-->Treo Pro-->Palm Pre-->HTC Hero-->Sprint Evo-->Palm Pre-->Sprint Epic 4G-->Nexus S 4G...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison