PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Pageplus

Morningglory is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Winmo rules, phone 7 bytes!

these Dinosaur relic Devices will be available on Ebay for years and years, That have A stylus, a hard QWERTY board, A dedicated headphone jack! and sometimes a built in phone.. Microsoft has not reinvented the wheel, but has made a grave mistake by trying to compete with Droid and iPhone when in my pocket, Winmo always was the winner, ...

meanwhile to the millions waking up on Christmas morning to a new business phone with 6.5.5, with a new two year contract, only to find the Microsoft phone marketplace really wants you to be on phone 7...

I think we need to keep Winmo 6.5 alive, and completely bail on the non Winmo phone 7, Remember We are pocket computer geeks, not phone geeks

Last edited by Morningglory; 12-23-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

notinkeys is a n00b
Re: Winmo rules, phone 7 bytes!

Actually, I'm both. I love small devices (just got a Galaxy Tab) and I love powerful PCs with big monitors.

I looked at Win Phone 7, was underwhelmed and thought the interface was a joke. Bought an Evo. If my TP2 hadn't been a bit flaky, I probably would have stayed with it longer. But I've gone to Android now, and I'm not looking back.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Moved to phone comparison

Last edited by orangekid; 12-23-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: extra eye
Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There's a device and a platform for everyone of us.
Just like this thread. LOL.
But anyhoo... WP7 is not for nerds... That's the slot Android filled. Winmo is not dead and it will be back to seduce you in a bit. For now Microsoft doesn't care about YOU. They care about making money and grabing a piece of the marketshare. The nerds have and will jump ship to Android. Then WinMo will be back with full support to get you to come back... (look up windows embeded phones. They are in their infancy but will not come out completely till WP7 is where it needs to be). Android is what it is and it has alot of potential but like iOS... It's not invincible and it too will be a thing of the past.
p.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
WP7 is not for nerds...
p.
on the moon, nerds get thier pants pulled down and they are spanked with moonrocks.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Pageplus
Threadstarter

Morningglory is a n00b

Its very sad to realize that phone 7 is NOT Winmo, will there be a Winmo 8?, this morning I made a happy discovery, its called the Samsung Gloria, hopefully way cheaper then the now defunct OQO, I can truly have a real computer in my pocket some day, and stop crying in my beer....so how do you say 7 in a conversation when your taking windows 7, Not phone 7, it really sucks that it becomes a catalyst to confusion... say 7 home/office? say 7 ??? what is the 7 pro, starter, ultimate called besides windows 7, when you do not want any crosstalk with phone 7, cause you have a different phone on your pocket computer running 7?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory View Post
Its very sad to realize that phone 7 is NOT Winmo, will there be a Winmo 8?, this morning I made a happy discovery, its called the Samsung Gloria, hopefully way cheaper then the now defunct OQO, I can truly have a real computer in my pocket some day, and stop crying in my beer....so how do you say 7 in a conversation when your taking windows 7, Not phone 7, it really sucks that it becomes a catalyst to confusion... say 7 home/office? say 7 ??? what is the 7 pro, starter, ultimate called besides windows 7, when you do not want any crosstalk with phone 7, cause you have a different phone on your pocket computer running 7?
I think this is the dream for everyone to have a small but, full featured full blown PC/Phone combo. This has been the attraction of Windows Mobile, because it's almost like a PC but, WP7 tries to be a iPhone but better (in some aspects), taking off the model that Apple has done (the big cash cow marketplace).

With small PC size something has to give, as you try to get to really small sizes, the CPUs can't be used, something has to go. Normally it's the speed and perfomance that takes the hit due to the lack of CPU space.

Now, if you can get i7 speeds, with a phone section that is on a chip (so even if your bluescreen'ing and someone calls, it will ring and can work independant if needed) with Windows 7 in a size, say, HD2/Droid 2 4-4.3") with a keyboard, with a fair price, sign me up !!!

I just want to play Black Ops multi player with full graphics on a phone, then my life might just be complete (as phones go).

One can dream tho...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 12-24-2010 at 01:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison